Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My sister's voting Labour - not a good sign

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I was also thinking if Labour are so amazing why did everything go tits up last time they were in power?

Then I see Jorge online going mental about everything. I don't have space in my life to get stressed about all these things. Don't want it!
    Just vote Tory tomorrow and stick two fingers up to the lot of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Just vote Tory tomorrow and stick two fingers up to the lot of them.
    and when they win it will be because it was a reaction to the recent terrorist attacks let's have another election.

On a side note I saw a Gypsy family riding up Green Lanes on a horse and cart on Saturday The bloke was tanned no shirt on big gut drinking a beer.

Is there a party that can prevent this? I don't care if I am called a racist on this one I don't like them.

They consider themselves to be a new aristocracy, f. They feel nothing except the most profound contempt for anyone who dares to dissent from their wishes. And that contempt is, at root, predicated on a visceral class hatred for those whose views, education, geographical location or income they feel puts them beneath their exalted status.
    It's more ephemeral than that surely? I mean, they can't all be Cheltenham and Cambridge-educated crude oil brokers, can they?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I was also thinking if Labour are so amazing why did everything go tits up last time they were in power?

Then I see Jorge online going mental about everything. I don't have space in my life to get stressed about all these things. Don't want it!
    When you say tits up I am assuming you are talking about the banking crisis. that would have happened with any party in power as none of them had want to stamp down on the business that gives them so much revenue
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    It's more ephemeral than that surely? I mean, they can't all be Cheltenham and Cambridge-educated crude oil brokers, can they?
    Oh, no. It's not that sort of class we're talking about anymore. The self-appointed aristocracy of which I speak is controlled by a tiny metropolitan-based media/pop cultural Brahmin caste who effectively see themselves as being the arbiters of all that is or isn't acceptable. Their hangers-on and lickspittles are usually those of similar outlook and location, but lesser status, who seek reflected glory by mindlessly parroting their views and retweeting their tweets. These people have created an echo chamber that is extremely loud, but actually rather shallow, which is why they keep getting surprised when the electorate hands them their arses.
    Last edited by Burney; 06-07-2017 at 11:45 AM.

Oh, no. It's not that sort of class we're talking about anymore. The self-appointed aristocracy of which I speak is controlled by a tiny metropolitan-based media/pop cultural Brahmin caste who effectively see themselves as being the arbiters of all that is or isn't acceptable. Their hangers-on and lickspittles are usually those of similar outlook and location, but lesser status, who seek reflected glory by mindlessly parroting their views and retweeting their tweets. These people have created an echo chamber that is extremely loud, but actually rather shallow, which is why they keep getting surprised when the electorate hands them their arses.
    New POTD
    Arise Sir Burney
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    New POTD
    Arise Sir Burney
    Thank you, VpV. Now vote Tory, there's a good lad.

Thank you, VpV. Now vote Tory, there's a good lad.
    If it's not a close run thing, why are you so keen to encourage people to vote?

Now I'm scared again. I'm ignoring you until Friday

Right. So he was a terrorist sympathiser, but isn't anymore? So he must have specifically condemned the IRA's actions subsequently, then, right? Oh, hang on... he hasn't, has he? In fact, he's repeatedly failed to do so when asked.
    He said: "‘I condemn all the bombing by both the loyalists and the IRA" on TV a couple of weeks ago.

BO'N covers this subject in some detail.
    http://www.spiked-online.com/newsite...4#.WTfpiTe1tQA

And here is an ex-British soldier who served in Belfast & Londonderry in 1972.
    http://www.morningstaronline.co.uk/a.../#.WTfsJDe1u70

Also, he has repeatedly palled up with Hamas, calling them 'friends' and asking that they be removed from the UK's list of proscribed organisations. Hamas, lest we forget, is an avowedly anti-semitic organisation whose members have repeatedly called for a Jewish genocide.

I'd call that terrorist sympathising.
    While he regrets that choice of words to describe Hamas, I don't agree with his position on Israel and will not seek to defend his opinions on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    You realise that the IRA were killing British soldiers and civilians, don't you?
    Yes, I do. I lived in Northern Ireland at the start of the Troubles where I and my family were IRA targets.