Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My sister's voting Labour - not a good sign

My sister's voting Labour - not a good sign

Lives in a predominantly white working class town and voted to leave the EU. Should in theory be a text-book example of someone deserting Labour. And yet....

Thinks Corbyn "seems like a nice bloke" and has been heavily influenced by endless Facebook memes about the Tories making cuts to public services and selling arms to Saudi Arabia. The depicting of Corbyn as a terrorist sympathiser has simply not cut through at all.

I'm back to being scared

Burney!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Lives in a predominantly white working class town and voted to leave the EU. Should in theory be a text-book example of someone deserting Labour. And yet....

Thinks Corbyn "seems like a nice bloke" and has been heavily influenced by endless Facebook memes about the Tories making cuts to public services and selling arms to Saudi Arabia. The depicting of Corbyn as a terrorist sympathiser has simply not cut through at all.

I'm back to being scared

Burney!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!
    You really are a terrible bedwetter, aren't you?

DBtg19OXcAAojhu.jpg

Have you pointed out Labour's record of anti-semitism to your sister?

The depicting of Corbyn as a terrorist sympathiser has simply not cut through at all.
    Because he isn't, and it is cheap sloganeering to pretend that he is. Ancient sympathies with the cause of Irish Republicanism is irrelevant to the threats of today. Whereas cosying up to Saudi Arabia and supporting terrorists overseas in obedience to the regime-change policies of the USA is more cause for concern. We need voter pressure against such policies imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Because he isn't, and it is cheap sloganeering to pretend that he is. Ancient sympathies with the cause of Irish Republicanism is irrelevant to the threats of today. Whereas cosying up to Saudi Arabia and supporting terrorists overseas in obedience to the regime-change policies of the USA is more cause for concern. We need voter pressure against such policies imo.
    This
    POTD
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

He demonstrably is a terrorist sympathiser.

We *know* what these people believe. They believe in moral equivalence between the West's imperialist past (and its more recent military ventures overseas) and the blow-back of terrorism.

I believe people who hold this view are deeply morally and ethically flawed and I hold them in the utmost contempt.

Right. So he was a terrorist sympathiser, but isn't anymore? So he must have specifically condemned the IRA's actions subsequently, then, right? Oh, hang on... he hasn't, has he? In fact, he's repeatedly failed to do so when asked.

Also, he has repeatedly palled up with Hamas, calling them 'friends' and asking that they be removed from the UK's list of proscribed organisations. Hamas, lest we forget, is an avowedly anti-semitic organisation whose members have repeatedly called for a Jewish genocide.

I'd call that terrorist sympathising.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    You really are a terrible bedwetter, aren't you?

DBtg19OXcAAojhu.jpg

Have you pointed out Labour's record of anti-semitism to your sister?
    Yes, but she's been convinced (mainly by social media) that they're all as bad as each other on that kind of stuff, and so she's voting for the best of a bad bunch, which happen to be the chaps who seem to care more about the poor and disadvantaged and are promising to chuck money at public services.

Yes, but she's been convinced (mainly by social media) that they're all as bad as each other on that kind of stuff, and so she's voting for the best of a bad bunch, which happen to be the chaps who seem to care more about the poor and disadvantaged and are promising to chuck money at public services.
    I hate to say this, m, but your sister sounds...well...a bit thick.

Right. So he was a terrorist sympathiser, but isn't anymore? So he must have specifically condemned the IRA's actions subsequently, then, right? Oh, hang on... he hasn't, has he? In fact, he's repeatedly failed to do so when asked.

Also, he has repeatedly palled up with Hamas, calling them 'friends' and asking that they be removed from the UK's list of proscribed organisations. Hamas, lest we forget, is an avowedly anti-semitic organisation whose members have repeatedly called for a Jewish genocide.

I'd call that terrorist sympathising.
    Are you suggesting that Corbyn may end playing saxaphone at the Isis Ramadam party?

I hate to say this, m, but your sister sounds...well...a bit thick.
    She's not thick, but politically unengaged.

She is, however, as tight as a nun's chuff, so I'm gonna play the tax card on her as a final effort.