Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Abbott gone. Does he think getting rid of her the day before the election is

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    Gatland is a dinosaur.
    Harsh on dinosaurs - at least they had the decency to become extinct

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    I think voting Trump endangers life more than anyone in recent history
    I think he's actually doing OK. There's an awful lot of noise around him and his administration, of course, but beneath that he's making real progress on a number of serious policy goals. Net Neutrality, the Paris agreement, Workers' safety and health policy, undocumented immigration, abortion funding, energy policy and so on. Plus a load of foreign affairs matters that any president always has loads of leeway with, as it doesn't rely on the legislative process.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    I think he's actually doing OK. There's an awful lot of noise around him and his administration, of course, but beneath that he's making real progress on a number of serious policy goals. Net Neutrality, the Paris agreement, Workers' safety and health policy, undocumented immigration, abortion funding, energy policy and so on. Plus a load of foreign affairs matters that any president always has loads of leeway with, as it doesn't rely on the legislative process.
    I tend to agree. He doesn't mind looking bad and getting things done, whereas his predecessor cared far more about looking good than actually achieving anything.

wd The Donald imo.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Quite. Donald isn't smart enough to take all the decisions himself but he's smart enough to realize it, despite all his faults.

I remain unconvinced this is true for Jeremy Corbyn.

I'm pretty chilled about the outcome. If the opinion polls had continued to show a landslide, there would be a real danger of complacency. The media have bigged Corbyn up plenty over the past three weeks, and the recent terrorist outrages have sharpened voters' minds about what the dangers of a Corbyn win would really mean.

I believe his campaign bubble was similar to Nick Clegg's in the early stages of the 2010 election, and it will be proved to have burst by tomorrow.