Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Abbott gone. Does he think getting rid of her the day before the election is

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Actually, a tactical vote for Labour in some London constituencies is the only sensible option to keep the Illiberal Undemocrats out. I keep getting shrill leaflets from their candiate promising to try and reverse the referendum. And after all, it seems to be forgotten that this was supposed to be a GE to sure up the referendum decision. So my policy is to vote to keep out the Remoaniest option, and to vote for a EU-sceptic candidate where possible. Which in my case happens to be dear old Jeremy on both counts.

I won't deny that there is a lack of overall quality in the labour leadership squard. This reflects the Blairite domination of the parliamentary party and the paucity of genuine options on the left flank. That said, the Tory campaign and leader can be criticised also, and personally I would rather vote for a EU-sceptic with a sound record of opposing imperialism than a genuine remainer who, as home secretary, allowed known British terrorists to travel to Libya and Syria to advance the causes and terratorial gains of Islamism in persuit of wrong-headed regime-change policies, and to learn how to make bombs to kill us while they were there.
    Anything which dignifies Corbyn is an act of treachery against your fellow citizens, I'm afraid.

corbyn.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    ****ing braindead idiot getting a yellow there.
    Welsh - bloody Welsh

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Ha! That is an amusingly rosy view of Corbyn, a. Your 'EU-sceptic' publicly backed Remain and even campaigned for it - albeit half-heartedly. You're also voting for a party that's incredibly wobbly on Brexit, while the tories have largely buried their differences and are respecting the public will.
    And as for links with Islamism, I really don't think Corbyn's record there bears close examination, do you?

On another note, the most interesting thing about this election is how much it hasn't been about Brexit and how it's fallen back into traditional party lines. Indeed, the two parties with the biggest Brexit axes to grind (UKIP and the Lib Dems) are suffering badly as a result of putting all their eggs in the Brexit basket.
    His half-hearted campaign certainly helped the Leave cause, yes, and he led his party to vote to activate article 50. Of course, I regret that he betrayed his genuine opposition to the EU, which he did to save his leadership. And yes, Labour is predominantly pro-EU, but so were the Conservatives. We vote for MPs though, and they will ultimately vote on Brexit. I have considered voting Conservative, but that would risk allowing the Lib Dem in. I expect the Tories to win, and probably want them to tbh, but my vote must count to keep the anti-democrat out of my constituency, which will never be Tory.

Do you think I'm thick, WES?

I'm no academic high-fligher either, and I don't equate academic success with intelligence.
    Oh not at all, I'd much rather have you as PM than Corbyn, Ash.

What I find intriguing in this whole mess is the amount of indignation and shock that went along with the Brexit and Trump votes when it seems clear to me (and always did) that those votes didn't endanger our way of life nearly as much as a Corbyn election win would. I ad lunch with someone the other day who is clearly a very intelligent man and yet he was planning on voting Labour for no reason other than 'I won't vote Tory and there are no other options'.

Quite astonishing is the British voting public, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post

What I find intriguing in this whole mess is the amount of indignation and shock that went along with the Brexit and Trump votes when it seems clear to me (and always did) that those votes didn't endanger our way of life nearly as much as a Corbyn election win would. I ad lunch with someone the other day who is clearly a very intelligent man and yet he was planning on voting Labour for no reason other than 'I won't vote Tory and there are no other options'.

I think voting Trump endangers life more than anyone in recent history
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    I think voting Trump endangers life more than anyone in recent history
    One could easily make a case for saying the same thing about Hillary.

His half-hearted campaign certainly helped the Leave cause, yes, and he led his party to vote to activate article 50. Of course, I regret that he betrayed his genuine opposition to the EU, which he did to save his leadership. And yes, Labour is predominantly pro-EU, but so were the Conservatives. We vote for MPs though, and they will ultimately vote on Brexit. I have considered voting Conservative, but that would risk allowing the Lib Dem in. I expect the Tories to win, and probably want them to tbh, but my vote must count to keep the anti-democrat out of my constituency, which will never be Tory.
    I understand the dynamics, of course. And voting Tory in Islington is largely pointless, I agree. However, I simply couldn't ever bring myself to vote for a man who has espoused the causes and willingly made the associations Corbyn has.
    Simply put: I sincerely believe him to be a traitor to this country.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post

Voting in this country is still very tribal, to be fair. I don't think I could ever bring myself to vote Labour, but equally, if there were a right-wing equivalent of Corbyn in charge of the tories, I wouldn't vote for them. How otherwise decent Labour voters can hold their noses and vote for Corbyn I simply cannot understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Welsh - bloody Welsh
    Brilliant try, but why the **** kick it there? Feels like they were playing for the end of the game with 7 minutes left.

Gatland is a dinosaur.