Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Abbott gone. Does he think getting rid of her the day before the election is

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    More importantly - cheating Kiwi ****s
    That's a given, LA. It will only get worse against the All Blacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Then it seems clear to me that you must vote tory, f.

Seriously, vote tory. You don't have to like them, but voting Labour in this campaign endorses the truly appalling Corbyn leadership.
    Actually, a tactical vote for Labour in some London constituencies is the only sensible option to keep the Illiberal Undemocrats out. I keep getting shrill leaflets from their candiate promising to try and reverse the referendum. And after all, it seems to be forgotten that this was supposed to be a GE to sure up the referendum decision. So my policy is to vote to keep out the Remoaniest option, and to vote for a EU-sceptic candidate where possible. Which in my case happens to be dear old Jeremy on both counts.

I won't deny that there is a lack of overall quality in the labour leadership squard. This reflects the Blairite domination of the parliamentary party and the paucity of genuine options on the left flank. That said, the Tory campaign and leader can be criticised also, and personally I would rather vote for a EU-sceptic with a sound record of opposing imperialism than a genuine remainer who, as home secretary, allowed known British terrorists to travel to Libya and Syria to advance the causes and terratorial gains of Islamism in persuit of wrong-headed regime-change policies, and to learn how to make bombs to kill us while they were there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Actually, a tactical vote for Labour in some London constituencies is the only sensible option to keep the Illiberal Undemocrats out. I keep getting shrill leaflets from their candiate promising to try and reverse the referendum. And after all, it seems to be forgotten that this was supposed to be a GE to sure up the referendum decision. So my policy is to vote to keep out the Remoaniest option, and to vote for a EU-sceptic candidate where possible. Which in my case happens to be dear old Jeremy on both counts.

I won't deny that there is a lack of overall quality in the labour leadership squard. This reflects the Blairite domination of the parliamentary party and the paucity of genuine options on the left flank. That said, the Tory campaign and leader can be criticised also, and personally I would rather vote for a EU-sceptic with a sound record of opposing imperialism than a genuine remainer who, as home secretary, allowed known British terrorists to travel to Libya and Syria to advance the causes and terratorial gains of Islamism in persuit of wrong-headed regime-change policies, and to learn how to make bombs to kill us while they were there.
    Does the fact that the person you might be voting for achieved two Es at A level because he's thick as two short planks play any part in your decision making process, Ash?

It's a serious question, BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Actually I always vote for them but I wanted to keep an open mind. I read their election campaign materials and especially Labour won and none of the points were in my selfish interests. It's weird my parents always vote conservative but the rest of my family are very much Labour voters. When I used to vote when I lived in Islington it was pretty worthless to vote for the Conservatives. Now I am in Enfield Southgate.
    my wife on the other hand is a communist who isn't allowed to vote.
    Happy birthday f.

Is your tactical vote simply about decimating the Lib Dems, or would you actually rather see a Labour than a Tory government?

Ha! That is an amusingly rosy view of Corbyn, a. Your 'EU-sceptic' publicly backed Remain and even campaigned for it - albeit half-heartedly. You're also voting for a party that's incredibly wobbly on Brexit, while the tories have largely buried their differences and are respecting the public will.
    And as for links with Islamism, I really don't think Corbyn's record there bears close examination, do you?

On another note, the most interesting thing about this election is how much it hasn't been about Brexit and how it's fallen back into traditional party lines. Indeed, the two parties with the biggest Brexit axes to grind (UKIP and the Lib Dems) are suffering badly as a result of putting all their eggs in the Brexit basket.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    my wife on the other hand is a communist who isn't allowed to vote.
    Well I think this is something for which we all ought to be grateful, f. If only we could stop all communists from being allowed to vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Happy birthday f.
    Thank you Sir.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Does the fact that the person you might be voting for achieved two Es at A level because he's thick as two short planks play any part in your decision making process, Ash?

It's a serious question, BTW.
    Do you think I'm thick, WES?

I'm no academic high-fligher either, and I don't equate academic success with intelligence.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    More importantly - cheating Kiwi ****s
    ****ing braindead idiot getting a yellow there.