Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 1 hour until off to the airport to escape this crap weather

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Ate rather wonderfully well, actually. Simple cuisine but very nice. The lamb shank I had in the town's best restaurant was quite superb. As for the people, they were very nice, couldn't do enough for you. I would much rather be surrounded by Greeks than, for example, Canadian, who tend to be boorish oafs, in my experience.

And finally - seriously, how someone who actually chooses to holiday in the cesspit that is Dubai can comment on any other destination is beyond me
    Nah, Greece is a dump, the people are miserable and unhelpful and describing the food as basic is being kind. What it really is is boring at best and awful at worst.

And I have never taken a holiday in Dubai in my life. I fly into Dubai, and then transfer to a wonderful resort in Fujairah where the staff are fantastically helpful, the weather is hot and sunny and the food is magnificent. Now you could rightly point out that I haven't actually holidayed in Fujairah, I have just sat in a resort in Fujairah. Which is true, and that's the way I want it.

Put my resort in Greece and would I go to it? Certainly, provided it contained no miserable, unhelpful Greeks and they had nothing to do with my food. Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Nah, Greece is a dump, the people are miserable and unhelpful and describing the food as basic is being kind. What it really is is boring at best and awful at worst.

And I have never taken a holiday in Dubai in my life. I fly into Dubai, and then transfer to a wonderful resort in Fujairah where the staff are fantastically helpful, the weather is hot and sunny and the food is magnificent. Now you could rightly point out that I haven't actually holidayed in Fujairah, I have just sat in a resort in Fujairah. Which is true, and that's the way I want it.

Put my resort in Greece and would I go to it? Certainly, provided it contained no miserable, unhelpful Greeks and they had nothing to do with my food. Hope that helps.
    You might as well have just written there "My name is WES, I am a thick, ignorant **** with no imagination" tbf

I'm glad you enjoy your holidays in the UAE - they sound incredibly tedious but that seems to suit you.

Thanks for letting me know that all the happy, helpful Greeks I encountered were in fact miserable and unhelpful. And as I said, the food was lovely. But you know best obviously. Stupid ****

You might as well have just written there "My name is WES, I am a thick, ignorant **** with no imagination" tbf

I'm glad you enjoy your holidays in the UAE - they sound incredibly tedious but that seems to suit you.

Thanks for letting me know that all the happy, helpful Greeks I encountered were in fact miserable and unhelpful. And as I said, the food was lovely. But you know best obviously. Stupid ****
    psssst, he's Canadian, they don't get out much, and when they do it's a mistake
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Yes, I enjoy spending time with my family in a wonderful resort with wonderful weather. Playing with my children in the ocean is a particular source of fun but just generally having the family together in a completely relaxed atmosphere is something we have always enjoyed.

I guess it's tedious and that suits all of us and you know best obviously. Stupid c*nt.

BTW, I don't actually hate all Greek food and not all Greeks are miserable, but there was a time when you could make glib overstatements on AWIMB and people wouldn't take them seriously. I guess being sober in Germany must be hard on you.

Yes, I enjoy spending time with my family in a wonderful resort with wonderful weather. Playing with my children in the ocean is a particular source of fun but just generally having the family together in a completely relaxed atmosphere is something we have always enjoyed.

I guess it's tedious and that suits all of us and you know best obviously. Stupid c*nt.

BTW, I don't actually hate all Greek food and not all Greeks are miserable, but there was a time when you could make glib overstatements on AWIMB and people wouldn't take them seriously. I guess being sober in Germany must be hard on you.
    Could you please stop saying 'resort'. Just the thought of it makes me depressed.

What makes you think I am sober

Yes, I thought that as well as I posted it.

I hoped Luis might offer a token defence of them. There wouldn't be nearly the deranged passion but beggars can't be choosers etc
    Besides I was going for deranged passion as requested

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Could you please stop saying 'resort'. Just the thought of it makes me depressed.
    You used to feel the same about self-catering, so you may change your mind.

I think the very worst thing on earth must be a cruise, though. When I was in Amsterdam, there was a cruise ship moored up outside our hotel and all the ancient, nearly-dead American tourists were milling around the place shouting and asking staff where the 'restrooms' were. I thought about being trapped on a boat at sea with such people for days on end and nearly collapsed.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    You used to feel the same about self-catering, so you may change your mind.

I think the very worst thing on earth must be a cruise, though. When I was in Amsterdam, there was a cruise ship moored up outside our hotel and all the ancient, nearly-dead American tourists were milling around the place shouting and asking staff where the 'restrooms' were. I thought about being trapped on a boat at sea with such people for days on end and nearly collapsed.
    Self-catering? Is this some sort of sick personal attack?

I 'take a cottage'. I most certainly do NOT 'self-cater'.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Self-catering? Is this some sort of sick personal attack?

I 'take a cottage'. I most certainly do NOT 'self-cater'.
    Embrace it, my friend.