Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1 hour until off to the airport to escape this crap weather

1 hour until off to the airport to escape this crap weather

10 days in the Algarve.

I don't expect to hear we've signed Mbappe in my absence

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    10 days in the Algarve.

I trust you've voted postally many times?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I trust you've voted postally many times?
    err, I did mean to but then what with the mother's stroke. I forgot to actually post the bloody forms. In fairness, our 2 votes will make no difference. Trafford is Labour and will forever be so, I'm afraid

10 days in the Algarve.

Have fun - just got back from 27/28 degrees in Greece to pissing down with rain here

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Have fun - just got back from 27/28 degrees in Greece to pissing down with rain here
    Yeah but the good news is that you are no longer surrounded by Greeks or have to eat Greek food.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Yeah but the good news is that you are no longer surrounded by Greeks or have to eat Greek food.
    It's no fun taking the pïss out of Greeks or Greek food without Nic here to get irate about it.

It's no fun taking the pïss out of Greeks or Greek food without Nic here to get irate about it.
    Yes, I thought that as well as I posted it.

I hoped Luis might offer a token defence of them. There wouldn't be nearly the deranged passion but beggars can't be choosers etc

There was a mandarin duck in a lake near where i live (it escaped from a wildlife park). I was going to post a picture of it but there just wasn't any point.

10 days in the Algarve.

.....or on your return
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Ate rather wonderfully well, actually. Simple cuisine but very nice. The lamb shank I had in the town's best restaurant was quite superb. As for the people, they were very nice, couldn't do enough for you. I would much rather be surrounded by Greeks than, for example, Canadian, who tend to be boorish oafs, in my experience.

And finally - seriously, how someone who actually chooses to holiday in the cesspit that is Dubai can comment on any other destination is beyond me