Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
Ate rather wonderfully well, actually. Simple cuisine but very nice. The lamb shank I had in the town's best restaurant was quite superb. As for the people, they were very nice, couldn't do enough for you. I would much rather be surrounded by Greeks than, for example, Canadian, who tend to be boorish oafs, in my experience.

And finally - seriously, how someone who actually chooses to holiday in the cesspit that is Dubai can comment on any other destination is beyond me
Nah, Greece is a dump, the people are miserable and unhelpful and describing the food as basic is being kind. What it really is is boring at best and awful at worst.

And I have never taken a holiday in Dubai in my life. I fly into Dubai, and then transfer to a wonderful resort in Fujairah where the staff are fantastically helpful, the weather is hot and sunny and the food is magnificent. Now you could rightly point out that I haven't actually holidayed in Fujairah, I have just sat in a resort in Fujairah. Which is true, and that's the way I want it.

Put my resort in Greece and would I go to it? Certainly, provided it contained no miserable, unhelpful Greeks and they had nothing to do with my food. Hope that helps.