Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Um, I know Burney has assured us that everything is ok, but

Um, I know Burney has assured us that everything is ok, but

Tele reporting the Conservatives lead is down to 1 point, 41 to 40.

This can't be happening. Shirley.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post

Arrogant Tory party getting a bit scared...... when you call an election expecting to walk it, will be a massive shock to the system if they don't get an overall majority at least as big as they had going into the election
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

If a significant proportion of the population vote to be governed by Corbyn, Abbott and McDonnell then we deserve everything we'll (undoubtedly) get.

I'm glad I'm almost dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    If a significant proportion of the population vote to be governed by Corbyn, Abbott and McDonnell then we deserve everything we'll (undoubtedly) get.

I'm glad I'm almost dead.
    I would assume logic will take over... but if the polls are correct

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    I would assume logic will take over... but if the polls are correct
    Given that Corbyn has only been campaigning in Labour safe seats and May has been highly visible in places Labour have a small majority, I'm guessing that the parties' own polling is much nearer to the truth.

Corbyn knows they're going to lose badly and is cementing his position amongst the faithful, while May knows those labour seats are very much up for grabs.

I read this morning that the polls showing it to be very close are assuming a 90% turnout amongst 18-24s. Which ain't going to happen.

Given that Corbyn has only been campaigning in Labour safe seats and May has been highly visible in places Labour have a small majority, I'm guessing that the parties' own polling is much nearer to the truth.

Corbyn knows they're going to lose badly and is cementing his position amongst the faithful, while May knows those labour seats are very much up for grabs.

I read this morning that the polls showing it to be very close are assuming a 90% turnout amongst 18-24s. Which ain't going to happen.
    Weather forecast isn't great.. so the choice of voting or watching homes under the hammer will be a tricky one

I don't know how they get these figures. They were not exactly right about Brexit or trump.
    Who are asking? nobody has ever asked me.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I don't know how they get these figures. They were not exactly right about Brexit or trump.
    Don't want you dodgy foreign blokes being asked

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    For some of them, YouGov, for example, you have to register with them first, which means they're only asking the more politically engaged sort of people who would bother to register.

None of it really explains a 20 point swing in a month, though. It's still weird.

For some of them, YouGov, for example, you have to register with them first, which means they're only asking the more politically engaged sort of people who would bother to register.

None of it really explains a 20 point swing in a month, though. It's still weird.
    Perhaps there is no swing. It's all an illusion.