Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Delighted to see we will only countenance top, top quality additions to the squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    Don't get confused between what we need and what we will get.
    Assuming nobody leaves, just for a moment, I don't think we actually need anyone. We just need the players we have to pull their fingers out of their arses. In fact, we need them to do that in any case, no matters who comes or goes.

Move Welbz out wide #welbeck4wingback #WelBACK
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

It will be interesting to see who will go. I would have thought Jenkinson, Debuchy, Ospina, Gibbs and Wilsher for sure, with strong possibility of Giroud, Perez and Walcott.

That frees up enough money for the huge raises for Alexis and Mesut and enough money for the two new big signings too leaving us with a smaller but stronger squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    It will be interesting to see who will go. I would have thought Jenkinson, Debuchy, Ospina, Gibbs and Wilsher for sure, with strong possibility of Giroud, Perez and Walcott.

That frees up enough money for the huge raises for Alexis and Mesut and enough money for the two new big signings too leaving us with a smaller but stronger squad.
    I just don't see that. Wenger has spent years putting this squad together; why would He dismantle it now? Especially as He's just received an emphatic vote of complete confidence, both on and off the pitch

A new manager may have been charged with doing as you suggest but not Wenger.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    I just don't see that. Wenger has spent years putting this squad together; why would He dismantle it now? Especially as He's just received an emphatic vote of complete confidence, both on and off the pitch

A new manager may have been charged with doing as you suggest but not Wenger.
    He did admit that the squad is heavy, so perhaps as a last hurrah he will ditch some of the players he has indulged for so long
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    He did admit that the squad is heavy, so perhaps as a last hurrah he will ditch some of the players he has indulged for so long
    I read that as Him claiming we've got plenty of players already so don't expect too many new ones. Of course, the contracts situation does give Him an opportunity for a decent Spring clean, doesn't it.

Assuming FFP still exists we need to reduce our wage bill at the same time as we are doubling our two most expensive players wages, that means there will have to be savings somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    Assuming FFP still exists we need to reduce our wage bill at the same time as we are doubling our two most expensive players wages, that means there will have to be savings somewhere.
    FFP They've given up on all that nonsense.

Abramovich has now put £1.1bn into Chelsea and no one gives a fúck.

That's what I thought, but the mention came from someone at Arsenal.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    FFP They've given up on all that nonsense.

Abramovich has now put £1.1bn into Chelsea and no one gives a fúck.
    The really funny thing was that anybody thought it could work in the first place, that FIFA would be of a mind to turn away all that free money.

One simply doesn't know what they teach 'em nowadays; people seem to think all that corruption pays for itself