Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In order to alleviate my frustrations.

In order to alleviate my frustrations.

:Fashwimb:

I'll be 35 next week.

Joining this job early last year has had plenty of drama of not knowing what would happen. I am still here though very much at the bottom of the ladder. I have learned a lot and made a good impression. but being at the bottom and being nearly 35 I do wonder if I should give up any aspirations of doing something better. I have put in a good effort and still do so but it's going to take a long time to progress. Still going to be in the same position by 40.

I made plenty of errors in the past by jacking jobs in for more money elsewhere, Where if I had stayed perhaps things would have got better. But I am usually viewed as the dependable won and overlooked.

I actually dislike 'career' 'ladder' all this nonsense. I want the money. I live in London that's just how my life turned out. I've looked elsewhere in the country and I will not be able to find any similar paying jobs. And unfortuantely I do not have a vast variety of skills to get in somewhere else. I only know useless info about the tube and play the guitar badly.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I made plenty of errors in the past by jacking jobs in for more money elsewhere, Where if I had stayed perhaps things would have got better. But I am usually viewed as the dependable won and overlooked
    tell your boss you want to move upwards (or sideways to move upwards). The 'dependable' types get left in jobs often because they are, erm, dependable.

that or train to be a plumber or other trade that gives you the licence to fleece people.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    tell your boss you want to move upwards (or sideways to move upwards). The 'dependable' types get left in jobs often because they are, erm, dependable.

that or train to be a plumber or other trade that gives you the licence to fleece people.
    Right. Become a sheep shearer.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post

that's what I've been doing this time.

It's weird although I am at the bottom of the team I report directly to the top bosses. Like this awards thing I went on friday I have no business being there really. But they invited me to go. I take this as a good sign.

I am actually working like I used to when I was motivated.

:Fashwimb:

I'll be 35 next week.

Joining this job early last year has had plenty of drama of not knowing what would happen. I am still here though very much at the bottom of the ladder. I have learned a lot and made a good impression. but being at the bottom and being nearly 35 I do wonder if I should give up any aspirations of doing something better. I have put in a good effort and still do so but it's going to take a long time to progress. Still going to be in the same position by 40.

I made plenty of errors in the past by jacking jobs in for more money elsewhere, Where if I had stayed perhaps things would have got better. But I am usually viewed as the dependable won and overlooked.

I actually dislike 'career' 'ladder' all this nonsense. I want the money. I live in London that's just how my life turned out. I've looked elsewhere in the country and I will not be able to find any similar paying jobs. And unfortuantely I do not have a vast variety of skills to get in somewhere else. I only know useless info about the tube and play the guitar badly.

Which of us isn't with you and Bruce in this matter, f?

"I've done my best to live the right way
    I get up every morning and go to work each day
    But your eyes go blind and your blood runs cold
    Sometimes I feel so weak I just want to explode
    Explode and tear this whole town apart
    Take a knife and cut this pain from my heart
    Find somebody itching for something to start"

Do you believe in the promised land?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Which of us isn't with you and Bruce in this matter, f?

"I've done my best to live the right way
    I get up every morning and go to work each day
    But your eyes go blind and your blood runs cold
    Sometimes I feel so weak I just want to explode
    Explode and tear this whole town apart
    Take a knife and cut this pain from my heart
    Find somebody itching for something to start"

Do you believe in the promised land?
    I am paying for being an idiot in my 20s and picking a rubbish career based on laziness.
    Still I have nice guitars now. I got all the items I need in life but need a better quality of life.

I am paying for being an idiot in my 20s and picking a rubbish career based on laziness.
    Still I have nice guitars now. I got all the items I need in life but need a better quality of life.
    Consider what you have, rather than what you haven't. You have a home, a wonderful wife, guitars, you follow the finest football club on earth, you live in the world's greatest city... if you can fight to improve any of those areas, then go ahead and do so, but you should take the time to appreciate what you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Consider what you have, rather than what you haven't. You have a home, a wonderful wife, guitars, you follow the finest football club on earth, you live in the world's greatest city... if you can fight to improve any of those areas, then go ahead and do so, but you should take the time to appreciate what you have.
    I didn't have that stuff say 6 years ago.
    I didn't even have a driving licence then.

I didn't have that stuff say 6 years ago.
    I didn't even have a driving licence then.
    Well there you are. Not only have you got it good, you're progressing. 35 is no age anyway. I got divorced and skinted when I was 40 and had to start again. Easy peasy.

I thought this was going to be about Wenger