Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Morata to AC Milan, Aubameyang to PSG.

Morata to AC Milan, Aubameyang to PSG.

We're bringing back Asano from his loan

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    Who??????????

I saw something about 8mil for a 19 year old Nigerian.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Who??????????

Actually i don't mind that kind of deal. Mbappe was a nobody before Monaco signed him, and some good strikers have come through the belgian league in recent years. Some times these gambles work. I do hope we get a shiny new striker though

Who??????????

'Thierry' Henry Onyekuru.

I've seen a youtube compilation of his goals. He's going to be immense.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    'Thierry' Henry Onyekuru.

I've seen a youtube compilation of his goals. He's going to be immense.
    Wonderful news, on that basis I am looking forward to the league challenge next year. Perhaps even all the way into February.

Actually i don't mind that kind of deal. Mbappe was a nobody before Monaco signed him, and some good strikers have come through the belgian league in recent years. Some times these gambles work. I do hope we get a shiny new striker though
    I don't mind them, either. Provided they are part of a comprehensive recruitment strategy and not the only solution we consider.

Wonderful news, on that basis I am looking forward to the league challenge next year. Perhaps even all the way into February.
    One detects a modicum of sarcasm in this response.

For the first 15 years I supported this club, we never even considered the possibility of challenging for the title; that was something other, big teams did. Under Arsene we've always been there or thereabouts, some seasons closer than others, naturally.

If you honestly think, at the start of the season, that we have no chance of challenging - even in the darkest days of financial restraint - then you're deluded.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    One detects a modicum of sarcasm in this response.

For the first 15 years I supported this club, we never even considered the possibility of challenging for the title; that was something other, big teams did. Under Arsene we've always been there or thereabouts, some seasons closer than others, naturally.

If you honestly think, at the start of the season, that we have no chance of challenging - even in the darkest days of financial restraint - then you're deluded.
    Einstein's definition of insanity - doing the same thing over and over but expecting a different outcome.

I may be deluded, but you're insane.

In fairness we're doing a bit more than that. Keeping Giroud and giving Wilshere a bumper new deal.

Einstein's definition of insanity - doing the same thing over and over but expecting a different outcome.

I may be deluded, but you're insane.
    Money talks though, doesn't it. Huge vote of confidence in Wenger, this.

I must say I was surprised He hadn't tried that different defensive formation for twenty years. Sounds unbelievable somehow.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."