Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Liverpool fans "Wenger staying is great news for us". Am i missing

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    We're going to win the league next season, and, when we do, you're going to kiss me full on the sphincter.
    While I'm donw on my knees I'll see if I can see Berni up there
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Herbette Chapman - aged 15 View Post
    If we win the title next season I shall give you a sloppy noisy, deep and dirty rimming (dressed as a WW2 Spit pilot )
    Why wait until next May?

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    something here? Haven't won **** all in a decade, regularly finish below us, and even after the stinker of a season we just had they only finished 1 point above us. Same can be said for Spurs (minus the points bit).

Bunch of ****s.
    I thihnk what they actually mean is "it's great laughing at Arsenal fans losing it with each other over the manager"

If you look at Liverpool's squad and ours and take into account the disparity in both investment and salaries, it's hard not to come to the conclusion that Klopp has significantly outperformed Wenger this year.

I assume that the Scousers believe that Klopp will now improve the squad with the money the media seem to think he has to spend and that Wenger will do what he's done for the past 10 years or so; buy very few players while continuing to place his faith in those players that so regularly let him down.

On that basis, I can see their point.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    If you look at Liverpool's squad and ours and take into account the disparity in both investment and salaries, it's hard not to come to the conclusion that Klopp has significantly outperformed Wenger this year.

I assume that the Scousers believe that Klopp will now improve the squad with the money the media seem to think he has to spend and that Wenger will do what he's done for the past 10 years or so; buy very few players while continuing to place his faith in those players that so regularly let him down.

On that basis, I can see their point.
    Their wage bill is higher than ours and they've spent roughly the same amount in the last 2-3 seasons, maybe even more.

Their wage bill is higher than ours and they've spent roughly the same amount in the last 2-3 seasons, maybe even more.
    Not according to this:

http://www.totalsportek.com/money/en...-club-by-club/

and that's before we give Sanchez and Ozil another 100K+ per week each.

And I was also referring to the quality of the squad that Klopp inherited, as much as the money that has been spent on fees.

Not according to this:

http://www.totalsportek.com/money/en...-club-by-club/

and that's before we give Sanchez and Ozil another 100K+ per week each.

And I was also referring to the quality of the squad that Klopp inherited, as much as the money that has been spent on fees.
    http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport...ts-25-12700881

The pay rises for the two players you mention hasn't happened so i don't see how that is relevant. Their squad has some very good players in it, and some ****, just like ours. They played a full season without any midweek football let's not forget.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport...ts-25-12700881

The pay rises for the two players you mention hasn't happened so i don't see how that is relevant. Their squad has some very good players in it, and some ****, just like ours. They played a full season without any midweek football let's not forget.
    It's relevant because our wage bill is about to significantly increase after having been consistently higher than Liverpool's for the past four years. I'd be surprised if any of Liverpool's players end up getting a 100k+ per week increase.

We'll have to agree to disagree about their squad, I see an awful lot of dross that Klopp has done very well to get into the CL. Lovren and Matip at CB? Milner and that Spanish chap at fullback? Jaysus lord.

He inherited a mess BGS and to get them into the CL has been an excellent achievement.

It's relevant because our wage bill is about to significantly increase after having been consistently higher than Liverpool's for the past four years. I'd be surprised if any of Liverpool's players end up getting a 100k+ per week increase.

We'll have to agree to disagree about their squad, I see an awful lot of dross that Klopp has done very well to get into the CL. Lovren and Matip at CB? Milner and that Spanish chap at fullback? Jaysus lord.

He inherited a mess BGS and to get them into the CL has been an excellent achievement.
    Why is our wage bill about to go up??? I would assume that there is more than 50% chance both our "star" players could leave.. if they do are we going to sign anyone on 150k a week?? We could also lose a number of non playing squad players.
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    There is a chance of us improving with another manager... why people want him to leave is that we haven't improved for the last 10 years or so and there are no obvious signs that we will if he stays. Now is the perfect time for him to leave (he won't) and I'm not sure why anyone thinks we will be better next season with him in charge
    I would suggest looking at the period since he last signed a contract (before today). When he signed that contract, the financial straight jacket had been released somewhat and he had just ended the trophy drought. No one would have begrudged him signing last time round as the situation appeared to be made for him to take the club forward.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman