Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where the ****

Where the ****

have those performances been hiding since the Chelsea home game?

There, I've said it.

WENGER OUT!
    but we all know he's going to be 'in'
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post

There, I've said it.

WENGER OUT!
    Well quite IUFG, indeed even.

I would dearly love to think that no person is so fúcking stupid to have been entrenched in one view before Saturday so suddenly change.

As well as we played, I couldn't help but notice how little pressure Chelsea put on us. When we lost 3-1 at Chelsea I lost count of the number of times Kante and Matic pressed us and easily won the ball back. Now our Swiss maestro endlessly picking out the right ball at the right time certainly helped, but Chelsea seemed a different team.

Not focused because they assumed they would murder us? Possibly. Kante stopped taking his special pills because he didn't think he needed them? Maybe.

But as good as we were, Chelsea were that poor as well with Kante right at the top of that list. The POTY was shocking, and no mistake.

What I don't understand is how when we get beaten the other team are much better than us and when the other team gets beaten it's because they are poor. Can we never be good?

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    What I don't understand is how when we get beaten the other team are much better than us and when the other team gets beaten it's because they are poor. Can we never be good?
    We are often "good". Just not good enough, often enough.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    As well as we played, I couldn't help but notice how little pressure Chelsea put on us. When we lost 3-1 at Chelsea I lost count of the number of times Kante and Matic pressed us and easily won the ball back. Now our Swiss maestro endlessly picking out the right ball at the right time certainly helped, but Chelsea seemed a different team.

Not focused because they assumed they would murder us? Possibly. Kante stopped taking his special pills because he didn't think he needed them? Maybe.

But as good as we were, Chelsea were that poor as well with Kante right at the top of that list. The POTY was shocking, and no mistake.
    Think that's harsh. As has been mentioned in several places Matic and Kante struggled with picking up Sanchez and Ozil who were both central for most of the game. You also seem to be forgetting we lost 3-1 to them with a midfield of Chamberlain and Coquelin

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    Think that's harsh. As has been mentioned in several places Matic and Kante struggled with picking up Sanchez and Ozil who were both central for most of the game. You also seem to be forgetting we lost 3-1 to them with a midfield of Chamberlain and Coquelin
    Well, I certainly intended to leave the impression that we were as good as they were bad. 2-1 very, very, very much flattered them and that team is good enough that that isn't going to happen if they play well.

Kante standing around watching Ramsey run/stroll completely unmarked into their box was not a magical run losing a very good player. It was just Kante being unaware, lazy or both. And that was hardly the only time during the game he did something like that. He just seemed to be miles off the pace.

Drugs innit

Well, I certainly intended to leave the impression that we were as good as they were bad. 2-1 very, very, very much flattered them and that team is good enough that that isn't going to happen if they play well.

Kante standing around watching Ramsey run/stroll completely unmarked into their box was not a magical run losing a very good player. It was just Kante being unaware, lazy or both. And that was hardly the only time during the game he did something like that. He just seemed to be miles off the pace.

Drugs innit
    Ramsey ran him into the ground

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post

There, I've said it.

WENGER OUT!
    There are still people saying how Saturday will change things going forward. We've seen with two FA Cup wins in 14 and 15, that it makes no difference to how we approach the following league season at all. All the same issues remained then and will do again next season. This manager does not get a points total anywhere near good enough to compete for the title. Hasn't done for years. He actually got hold of Ozil, Sanchez and Cech and made us worse. The players claimed they did it for the manager on Sat. When are they going to stand up and do it for the club for a full season? Instead of just doing enough at the end of each season, to prop up the regime for another year?

Drugs innit
    In fairness, they'd surely been on the piss all week. Anyway, mentally, at the very least.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."