Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So is the offside rule that you're offside if you make a movement towards the ball?

So is the offside rule that you're offside if you make a movement towards the ball?

If so, how the f*ck could anyone possibly claim it was onside when Ramsey clearly made a movement towards the ball before leaving it to Sanchez?

Even at the time it happened I was absolutely furious at Ramsey for not leaving it, as he was clearly offside by a mile and I could see Sanchez steaming through...
    Last edited by Monty92; 05-28-2017 at 07:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    If so, how the f*ck could anyone possibly claim it was onside when Ramsey clearly made a movement towards the ball before leaving it to Sanchez?

Even at the time it happened I was absolutely furious at Ramsey for not leaving it, as he was clearly offside by a mile and I could see Sanchez steaming through...
    My understanding of the offside rule is far from comprehensive. But if it's a question of touching the ball, how can it also be a question of one's *intention to touch the ball? You touch it or you don't. Kind of like you can't be half-pregnant.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post

I think by the very simple fact that he turned and moved towards the ball meant he was technically active.

Let's be honest, between the handball and then this we would be fuming had it gone against us but it didn't so hurrah etc.

Quote Originally Posted by eastgermanautos View Post
    My understanding of the offside rule is far from comprehensive. But if it's a question of touching the ball, how can it also be a question of one's *intention to touch the ball? You touch it or you don't. Kind of like you can't be half-pregnant.
    Clearly your mum was half pregnant
    Blocking the goalies line of sight with a movement towards the ball will usually be called offside

Maybe throwing his arms up n the air claiming no intention to play the ball after a little turn towards it is what the ref saw...either way we got a little lucky there . You need luck to win at times

Quote Originally Posted by bbrian View Post
    Clearly your mum was half pregnant
    Blocking the goalies line of sight with a movement towards the ball will usually be called offside
    Oh yeah that. But this was not that thing. Who are you, Patriot fan, to lecture me about the rules. Tuck rule, tuck rule!!

Oh yeah that. But this was not that thing. Who are you, Patriot fan, to lecture me about the rules. Tuck rule, tuck rule!!
    I was only pointing out that you dont have to touch the ball to be off . He clearly did come back into play when he made a move towards the ball only to feign innocence when Alexis came steaming through . Bit he never impeded anyone or touched the ball and that was enough for the ref . The surprising part for me was that he over turned the lino after speaking with him .
    Linesman/referee consultations seem to go well for us the last week in may

And btw hater , the tuck rule was vigorously defended by the NFL ....and we all know how straight and honest the folks on Park Ave are ega

A season of BS decisions evened itself out in that match.

Quote Originally Posted by bbrian View Post
    I was only pointing out that you dont have to touch the ball to be off . He clearly did come back into play when he made a move towards the ball only to feign innocence when Alexis came steaming through . Bit he never impeded anyone or touched the ball and that was enough for the ref . The surprising part for me was that he over turned the lino after speaking with him .
    Linesman/referee consultations seem to go well for us the last week in may

And btw hater , the tuck rule was vigorously defended by the NFL ....and we all know how straight and honest the folks on Park Ave are ega
    On a side note, I like your avatar.

On a side note, I like your avatar.

****in' mod interference in my profile ega...disgraceful . Your Trabant has seen better days btw