Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So is the offside rule that you're offside if you make a movement towards the ball?

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    If so, how the f*ck could anyone possibly claim it was onside when Ramsey clearly made a movement towards the ball before leaving it to Sanchez?

Even at the time it happened I was absolutely furious at Ramsey for not leaving it, as he was clearly offside by a mile and I could see Sanchez steaming through...
    I think the offside rule, with regards to an inactive player becoming active, is only when they are interfering in play or interfering with the opponent. Or gaining an advantage. Doesn't mention motion towards the ball.

I accept that Ramsey's movement could be seen as distracting to the goalkeeper, however there wasn't an opponent that was impeded by Ramsey's movement.

wd the ref. and **** Chelsea
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by bbrian View Post
    ****in' mod interference in my profile ega...disgraceful . Your Trabant has seen better days btw
    She's still got some git up n go. Get her on a straightaway, she'll wax your corolla or chevelle of the same year. : D