Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Remember the AW out brigade used to say they'd rather win the cup and finish outsidet

Remember the AW out brigade used to say they'd rather win the cup and finish outsidet

the top four?? Well now we've done it and they're the predictable hypocritical ****s we always imagined them to be.

Delighted for Arsene Wenger.
    "...the Liverpool players are down, absolutely abject. Aldridge is down. Barnes is down. Dalglish just stands there. Nicol's on his knees. McMahon is on his knees..."

Quote Originally Posted by CrossGun View Post
    the top four?? Well now we've done it and they're the predictable hypocritical ****s we always imagined them to be.

Delighted for Arsene Wenger.
    Agreed, CrossGun. Was saying the same thing myself afterwards. They said top four was **** until we miss it and that we should be winning the FA Cup until we win it three seasons out of four and now apparently it's not a trophy anymore.

Delighted for Arsene tonight. Seven times.

To be fair, I don't think these people ever claimed top four was "****". The complaint was that top four was the extent of our ambition, even at the expense of winning the odd domestic cup (during the 10 year trophy drought Wenger did appear to chuck the odd cup game, as I believe he has admitted himself).

Of course, three in four firmly puts the domestic cup argument to bed, but the broader 'ambition' question remains legitimate. And that's to say nothing of managerial competency.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Agreed, CrossGun. Was saying the same thing myself afterwards. They said top four was **** until we miss it and that we should be winning the FA Cup until we win it three seasons out of four and now apparently it's not a trophy anymore.

Delighted for Arsene tonight. Seven times.

Very few small clubs win the FA cup these days. Which was the last one, Pompey? The big boys have it normally sewn up. So to win it three years out of four is no fluke.