Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: City sign Silva for €70m.

City sign Silva for €70m.

Fills me with joy when Arsene says we are 1 or 2 players away

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post

1 or 2 players away from what, though. Having a fill treatment room?
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Jose has demanded 4 new players too apparently...not looking good

Fϊcking hell. No hanging about there from the man Pep.

I thought he already played for them. How many pieces of silva does Pepiola need?

Why can other clubs conclude deals with such efficiency? We seems to um and ahh about these deals for many weeks and months. OK, I get that this season it will be much harder to attract top talent without CL football (because we won't pay mega bucks), but still, I would really prefer to not be in the Supermarket Sweep trolley dash situation we have found ourselves in at the end of the last few summer transfer windows.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Why can other clubs conclude deals with such efficiency? We seems to um and ahh about these deals for many weeks and months. OK, I get that this season it will be much harder to attract top talent without CL football (because we won't pay mega bucks), but still, I would really prefer to not be in the Supermarket Sweep trolley dash situation we have found ourselves in at the end of the last few summer transfer windows.
    You would hope that after the three or four summers we've had faffing about trying to find a striker we'll actually go in guns blazing and sign whichever ****er we want straight away. No more ****ing around please.

You would hope that after the three or four summers we've had faffing about trying to find a striker we'll actually go in guns blazing and sign whichever ****er we want straight away. No more ****ing around please.
    There aren't many top strikers that will sign for a club that is 1. Not prepared to pay top dollar and 2. not in the CL, though.

I think the best chance is Mbappe because Arsene has tapped him up already (last summer) and will actually start him. Not sure who else would be in for him. But he'll cost 100m EURs so we may not go to that unless we sell players first.

Other options are perhaps Morata and Batshuayi/Lukaku.

But he'll cost 100m EURs so we may not go to that unless we sell players first.
    Alexis' reported fee would cover a fair chunk of that.

You mean like the fact that the Pogba deal took Utd all of last summer's transfer window to conclude?
    Or the Stones deal that took City rather a lot of last summer to conclude?
    Or the numerous centre backs Chelsea tried to sign before settling on Luiz last summer?
    Or, to be more exotic, how Real spent all summer chasing De Gea and then actually missing out on him, the year before?
    Or the way we had Xhaka in the bag before the Euros?

Almost like all clubs take some time over deals and do some immediately, us included.