Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: City sign Silva for €70m.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Alexis' reported fee would cover a fair chunk of that.
    Don't forget Theo either. Someone will give us 25m (EUR 30m for him).

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    You mean like the fact that the Pogba deal took Utd all of last summer's transfer window to conclude?
    Or the Stones deal that took City rather a lot of last summer to conclude?
    Or the numerous centre backs Chelsea tried to sign before settling on Luiz last summer?
    Or, to be more exotic, how Real spent all summer chasing De Gea and then actually missing out on him, the year before?
    Or the way we had Xhaka in the bag before the Euros?

Almost like all clubs take some time over deals and do some immediately, us included.
    We ummed and ahhed about Mustafi's fee for over a month. Resulting in our only two fit CBs being Chambers and Holding at the start of the season. That is poor. Not blaming Arsene as I don't think he makes the decisions on finances.

We also signed Lucas Perez at the end which was pointless as he was clearly never going to be a top PL player. He is 30 next year.

Alexis' reported fee would cover a fair chunk of that.
    Then he'll be off next season.

Bad apple. Nearest window, out.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Don't forget Theo either. Someone will give us 25m (EUR 30m for him).
    Bit early for so much champagne Dick.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    You mean like the fact that the Pogba deal took Utd all of last summer's transfer window to conclude?
    Or the Stones deal that took City rather a lot of last summer to conclude?
    Or the numerous centre backs Chelsea tried to sign before settling on Luiz last summer?
    Or, to be more exotic, how Real spent all summer chasing De Gea and then actually missing out on him, the year before?
    Or the way we had Xhaka in the bag before the Euros?

Almost like all clubs take some time over deals and do some immediately, us included.
    Jesus Christ LA, have a drink son...
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

We ummed and ahhed about Mustafi's fee for over a month. Resulting in our only two fit CBs being Chambers and Holding at the start of the season. That is poor. Not blaming Arsene as I don't think he makes the decisions on finances.

We also signed Lucas Perez at the end which was pointless as he was clearly never going to be a top PL player. He is 30 next year.
    Well, you are confusing newspaper gossip with reality and have totally ignored the point I was making, which I admit doesn't really surprise me

Quote Originally Posted by barrybueno View Post
    Jesus Christ LA, have a drink son...
    Last day at work for a week, b. Could only have a couple at lunchtime

Perez has not even been given a chance. He can't be worse at football than Walcott, surely.

Perez has not even been given a chance. He can't be worse at football than Walcott, surely.
    Why would we give him a chance over the far superior Alexis, Welbeck Giroud, Ox? Tbh - Walcott isn't as one footed as Perez. I assume he was just insurance in case Welbeck broke down again.

Anderson Silva, Wanderlei Siva, Big Foot Silva, David Silva....f uk them all imo