Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Some fat retards have formed a 'peace chain' outside Didsbury mosque

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    It's what all you urban trendies wanted. You know, "modern, liberal, secular" and all that rot.

You asked for it
    Ayatollah Blair? Secular?

He was practically a protestant, catholic and muslim all at once imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Ayatollah Blair? Secular?

He was practically a protestant, catholic and muslim all at once imo.
    Oh, don't look at me; I don't even know what the word means. B came up with the "modern, liberal etc." stuff yesterday. I merely made the point that that thinking actually pre-dates Blair by several decades and that most of his sort support, sustain and encourage it.

You could even blame the Pill or Women's Lib, imo, but not Blair.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Nah, sorry. Salman Rushdie was the canary in this particular coalmine. We watched a community in this country call for a man to be killed for blasphemy and threatened to the point that the state had to protect him full-time and it didn't wake us up to the fact that something had gone very, very wrong in our muslim population. That was in 1989. We pussyfooted around them then and they saw we were weak.
    That's a fair point in terms of demonstrating the touchy sensitivity, murderous fanaticism and intolerance of apostacy, but you can trace all that back a very long way. Probably to the start, in fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    That's a fair point in terms of demonstrating the touchy sensitivity, murderous fanaticism and intolerance of apostacy, but you can trace all that back a very long way. Probably to the start, in fact.
    I think it was the point at which we first should have realised that multiculturalism had utterly failed as regarded the muslim community. The 'muslims as victims' thing has deeper roots, though. You could go back to Israel or latterly Afghanistan (that film where Rambo's fighting alongside the Allans looks bloody weird now) for that. Bosnia was a relative latecomer.

I think it was the point at which we first should have realised that multiculturalism had utterly failed as regarded the muslim community. The 'muslims as victims' thing has deeper roots, though. You could go back to Israel or latterly Afghanistan (that film where Rambo's fighting alongside the Allans looks bloody weird now) for that. Bosnia was a relative latecomer.
    Afghanistan was year zero for me, although I believe in terms of global promotion and radicalisation it got to about No 35 in the charts, whereas Bosnia went to No 1 and stayed there. I consider Zbigniew Brzezinski as a key grandparent of contemporary Islamic terror.

It was already too late by that point though, enormous social change was already afoot. Simply, we needed more people and we couldn't be too fussy about who they were or how they wanted to live and behave.

Immigration is an enterprise and immigrants will go where the best terms and conditions are on offer.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    It was already too late by that point though, enormous social change was already afoot. Simply, we needed more people and we couldn't be too fussy about who they were or how they wanted to live and behave.

Immigration is an enterprise and immigrants will go where the best terms and conditions are on offer.
    In the early days we certainly didn't think it through in terms of cultural compatibility, no. Enoch Powell copped on, but picked the wrong target.

Weirder, though, is the idea that Merkel let all the migrants in because of low German birthrates, etc, etc. There are literally millions of unemployed young men and women in Italy, Spain and Greece. Why not encourage them in instead of hordes of uneducated muslim men? Surely if the EU means anything, that should have been the obvious answer, shouldn't it? Does rather suggest it might have been more about German guilt and virtue signalling pure demographics.

In the early days we certainly didn't think it through in terms of cultural compatibility, no. Enoch Powell copped on, but picked the wrong target.

Weirder, though, is the idea that Merkel let all the migrants in because of low German birthrates, etc, etc. There are literally millions of unemployed young men and women in Italy, Spain and Greece. Why not encourage them in instead of hordes of uneducated muslim men? Surely if the EU means anything, that should have been the obvious answer, shouldn't it? Does rather suggest it might have been more about German guilt and virtue signalling pure demographics.
    Sure. But, as with her daddy Kohl and the Wall, it just sort of happened and she tried to make the best of it.

And don't forget that poor Europeans are just as infertile as Germans are so that wouldn't really help.
    Last edited by redgunamo; 05-25-2017 at 04:38 PM.

Burney is right about the Salman Rushdie affair being a watershed moment. At that point the state should have taken decisive action against all and everyone calling for his death.

Instead the taxpayer had to spend loads of money to protect a citizen who had written a novel from being lynched by whipped-up mobs of religious bigots.