Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: We just had a minutes silence in the office at the end of it I always feel

We just had a minutes silence in the office at the end of it I always feel

like I should start cheering like I am a football match and then get back on with my work.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    like I should start cheering like I am a football match and then get back on with my work.
    Yep, I did feel a certain desire to break into She wore a yellow ribbon

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Yep, I did feel a certain desire to break into She wore a yellow ribbon
    Sadly, the currency of these silences has been devalued. I find it easier to observe one on remembrance day and leave it at that.

Was this some kind of arranged event or just a spontaneous show of solidarity from your office??

I remember such an event just after September 11th when I worked in London, perhaps in hindsight because our employers were American. What seemed like the whole office stood in silence, the thing was I was eating my lunch and the basic position of my desk meant I wasn’t facing the others so I didn’t get up and looked to all intents and purposes to be blanking the event.

I meant no disrespect at all even though I was not hugely bothered by the event, but standing up late with a mouthful of an M+S sandwich would not have been cool either.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Was this some kind of arranged event or just a spontaneous show of solidarity from your office??

I remember such an event just after September 11th when I worked in London, perhaps in hindsight because our employers were American. What seemed like the whole office stood in silence, the thing was I was eating my lunch and the basic position of my desk meant I wasn’t facing the others so I didn’t get up and looked to all intents and purposes to be blanking the event.

I meant no disrespect at all even though I was not hugely bothered by the event, but standing up late with a mouthful of an M+S sandwich would not have been cool either.
    It was organised by the building. they did an announcement over the tannoy (other Public address systems available)

It was organised by the building. they did an announcement over the tannoy (other Public address systems available)
    You work in a supermarket?

I was on the phone to a chap at the MOD as 11 approached. I assumed they'd be hot on such things. He completely ignored it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I was on the phone to a chap at the MOD as 11 approached. I assumed they'd be hot on such things. He completely ignored it.
    no time for sentiment

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    You work in a supermarket?

Railway station