Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Never glad confident morning again

Never glad confident morning again

Bild ran a story yesterday saying we've offered him €20m a year and Bayern won't match it.

Yes. The worry is the difference between what we've offered and what they've offered isn't massive.

We are actually offering him crazy money, desperate money. It will come back to haunt us, especially if he gets injured. It's oligarch-owned club type of offer except we all know our owner is the most penny-pinching oligarch in history.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    I would snap their hand off at 65million. We can use that to put towards someone like Mbappe that will be around for years to come. Alexis probably has 2/3 years left at the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I would snap their hand off at 65million. We can use that to put towards someone like Mbappe that will be around for years to come. Alexis probably has 2/3 years left at the top.
    Alexis has often been fantastic but for what we are offering him we could have three good or very good players if we shop around cleverly.

Now if Usmanov was in charge you might say it would be our new normal but I fear all this will do is create discontent amongst the rest of the squad and curtail the chances of further major signings.

Alexis has often been fantastic but for what we are offering him we could have three good or very good players if we shop around cleverly.

Now if Usmanov was in charge you might say it would be our new normal but I fear all this will do is create discontent amongst the rest of the squad and curtail the chances of further major signings.
    Of course we need to balance the books this year with missing out on CL football. However, if we ship Wilshere, Berrellin, Giroud, Szezney, Walcott out then that will bring in the best part of £100million in and free up a lot of wage budget.

I doubt that it you exclude Bellerin from that list we'll get £50 million for the rest. It will free up about £250,000 a week since I assume Wilsher and Szcesny have their wages paid by the clubs they are loaned to.

Bellerin would be a loss, less of a loss if we use a back three but if we ever revert to a back four we wouldn't have a proper right back in our senior squad. I have to assume Debuchy and Jenkinson will be offloaded asap.

I doubt that it you exclude Bellerin from that list we'll get £50 million for the rest. It will free up about £250,000 a week since I assume Wilsher and Szcesny have their wages paid by the clubs they are loaned to.

Bellerin would be a loss, less of a loss if we use a back three but if we ever revert to a back four we wouldn't have a proper right back in our senior squad. I have to assume Debuchy and Jenkinson will be offloaded asap.
    Do they both still play for us? Thought Debuchy was back in France and Jenkinson playing for West Ham reserves or something. Hector won't want to sit on the bench. Perhaps we can convert him to a left back.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Do they both still play for us? Thought Debuchy was back in France and Jenkinson playing for West Ham reserves or something. Hector won't want to sit on the bench. Perhaps we can convert him to a left back.
    Jenkinson was last spotted playing a fortnight ago for the under-23's. West Ham stopped the loan when he got injured I think. Debuchy has also played for the reserves this season, I think he might be on a free at last which will be goodbye to him.

Just checked, Debuchy not on a free yet but apparently Leicester and Marseille want him.

I'll show the petulant wee **** where the door is.