Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: This may not be popular but I was tuning into the news last night I got rather bored

This may not be popular but I was tuning into the news last night I got rather bored

I don't want to see vigils and random people's thoughts on things. I saw some silly **** saying that it was 'our 9/11'
    Like he was so proud to finally have his own tragedy.

I want some facts. perhaps consult more with experts in the field of counter terrorism. I'd rather they stick to the studio than this live from Manchester stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I don't want to see vigils and random people's thoughts on things. I saw some silly **** saying that it was 'our 9/11'

I want some facts. perhaps consult more with experts in the field of counter terrorism. I'd rather they stick to the studio than this live from Manchester stuff.
    My glw likes to sit on the kitchen worktop looking out at the wildlife in our back field while I'm trying to cook. I call this 'counter-terrorism'.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    My glw likes to sit on the kitchen worktop looking out at the wildlife in our back field while I'm trying to cook. I call this 'counter-terrorism'.
    :Hehe: Strange you mention this as I was watching some American show the other day and they always sit on the counter.
    They also like laying on the bed wearing their shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Yes. It would drive me mad. I virtually snarl at my wife if she enters the kitchen while I'm cooking.

:Hehe: Strange you mention this as I was watching some American show the other day and they always sit on the counter.
    They also like laying on the bed wearing their shoes.
    "counter"

Kitchen worktop, please.

But yeah, the rolling news coverage offers little. In fact I hardly bother watching it as we've seen it all before, sadly, too many times.

Watching the various news programmes yesterday, one was bombarded with this touchy-feely propaganda bullsh1t. I became enraged by it. At one point, some foul cvnt started reciting a poem in Mancunian and I nearly smashed the television.

Also, what people don't seem to realise is that the sort of people most keen to stick their faces in front of a camera after something like this are invariably the sort of mawkish, preening cvnts from whom you'll get nothing but drivel.

I often wonder about these experts.

Theoretical experts I assume, know fúck all really.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I often wonder about these experts.

Theoretical experts I assume, know fúck all really.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    At one point, some foul cvnt started reciting a poem in Mancunian and I nearly smashed the television.
    ms A heard that too. "I wanted to get the weather but it was all Manchester and then they read a poem and I had to switch it off "

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    ms A heard that too. "I wanted to get the weather but it was all Manchester and then they read a poem and I had to switch it off "
    Yes. Another terrible aspect of this of course is it encourages Manc nationalism, which is almost as sickening and chip-on-the-shoulder as its scouse equivalent.