Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6.6 million expected to try and cross the Med this year

6.6 million expected to try and cross the Med this year

Fancy a bit of that Mrs Merkel?

If 0.1% of them, a statistically insignificant figure, support terrorism that will be an extra 6,600 for the security agencies to have to try and monitor.

Not one. Tow them back, fly them back, sink their ships, let the toddlers drown in the salty murk. Not one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    Fancy a bit of that Mrs Merkel?

If 0.1% of them, a statistically insignificant figure, support terrorism that will be an extra 6,600 for the security agencies to have to try and monitor.

Not one. Tow them back, fly them back, sink their ships, let the toddlers drown in the salty murk. Not one of them.
    You see when this happens you just let it sink. While they keep rescuing them they'll keep coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    You see when this happens you just let it sink. While they keep rescuing them they'll keep coming.

It would be inhumane not to rescue them.

Rescue them, take them back whence they came, shirley?
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post

At the minute the countries won't take them back. I read the EU is going to have to arrange similar agreements with the countries from where they depart as the one they have with Turkey, meaning paying them billions of euros to stop the boats from leaving in the first place.

Actually, as I pointed out a couple of years back, the truly humane thing to have done would have been to sink a couple of them back then and let the occupants drown. That would have discouraged more from coming and saved thousands of lives longer term - as well as relieving Europe of a huge burden.

We're too squeamish to do such things of course. Ho-hum.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Actually, as I pointed out a couple of years back, the truly humane thing to have done would have been to sink a couple of them back then and let the occupants drown. That would have discouraged more from coming and saved thousands of lives longer term - as well as relieving Europe of a huge burden.

We're too squeamish to do such things of course. Ho-hum.
    Thank goodness
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

I actually started writing something where a special force is set up by the EU to sink all the ships. Sort of Blade Runner meets Terra Firma.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Thank goodness
    Well, yes. It's less upsetting, certainly. It would be better, of course, but nobody really cares about what's best. They prefer what they can feel good about.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Well, yes. It's less upsetting, certainly. It would be better, of course, but nobody really cares about what's best. They prefer what they can feel good about.
    It's more what we can't feel bad about, though, isn't it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trolley_problem

can't be chilling out on the beach in Italy with African fellas disturbing your day washing up on the shores.

I prefer the current style in Italy at the Beach where African fellas disturbing you by trying to sell you handbags, sunglasses etc.