Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Medical Opinion sought

Medical Opinion sought

It struck me as odd that the cause of Roger Moore's death was given as cancer. Surely when an 89 year old dies cause of death is being 89, nothing more nothing less.

I did do two years at Med School, but only really went in to cut the dead bodies up and dropped out before the ethics part.

Any one know the answer or have an opinion on this.

Quote Originally Posted by The Insider View Post
    It struck me as odd that the cause of Roger Moore's death was given as cancer. Surely when an 89 year old dies cause of death is being 89, nothing more nothing less.

I did do two years at Med School, but only really went in to cut the dead bodies up and dropped out before the ethics part.

Well, what about a chap who's 100 who gets shot dead. What would you say was the cause of death?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Well, what about a chap who's 100 who gets shot dead. What would you say was the cause of death?
    Standing too close to the 21-gun salute?

why? My grandmother died of cancer and she was 96.

No reason. Just intrigued. I just think that once you get past certain point - and 89 seems beyond that point - then whatever happens to you is down to age, not a specific illness.

Not really. Cancer is cancer. It may be that you get it because you're old but in fact tends to work the other way... cancer kills younger people quicker. There is always a cause of death and old age isn't really a cause but a background to what's happening.

No reason. Just intrigued. I just think that once you get past certain point - and 89 seems beyond that point - then whatever happens to you is down to age, not a specific illness.
    Everyone gets what you mean, but there's always paperwork, isn't there and you can't just put "Pfft, who cares. He was two hundred years old " can you.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Everyone gets what you mean, but there's always paperwork, isn't there and you can't just put "Pfft, who cares. He was two hundred years old " can you.
    But following through with this, in my experience the paperwork usually says 'multiple organ failure' as cause of death not cancer. Which is sort of my point. At that age surely the organs are failing any way. I'm only 52 and plenty of mine are....