Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Ash/Sir C

Ash/Sir C

Please suggest nice walks around Windermere for a colleague who is there this weekend... staying near Bowness
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Please suggest nice walks around Windermere for a colleague who is there this weekend... staying near Bowness
    Probably best I leave this to Ash as he's the expert, but from Bowness he's 20 minutes from the Langdale Valley in one direction or Ullswater in the other, so, sheesh, it's hard to know where to start, really.

Is he the kind to want to charge up a gurt mountain, or would he prefer something flatter?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Probably best I leave this to Ash as he's the expert, but from Bowness he's 20 minutes from the Langdale Valley in one direction or Ullswater in the other, so, sheesh, it's hard to know where to start, really.

Is he the kind to want to charge up a gurt mountain, or would he prefer something flatter?
    Either is fine.... depends on how long each walk is!

Either is fine.... depends on how long each walk is!
    I've done this won, witch was delightful.

https://www.walklakes.co.uk/walk_173.html

Probably best await the Word of Ash, though.

Bowness is a bit South for me, I'm afraid. If he doesn't mind a little drive to the starting point the world is his oyster, as Sir C says. He could always go up the Old Man of Coniston.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Bowness is a bit South for me, I'm afraid. If he doesn't mind a little drive to the starting point the world is his oyster, as Sir C says. He could always go up the Old Man of Coniston.
    He could take the ferry from Bowness to Far Sawrey and in such lovely weather as this, drive up the Wrynose Pass to the Three Shire Stone and go up Pike O' Bliscoe. Red Tarn would be most beautiful in the sunshine.

What a lovely day he'll have

He could take the ferry from Bowness to Far Sawrey and in such lovely weather as this, drive up the Wrynose Pass to the Three Shire Stone and go up Pike O' Bliscoe. Red Tarn would be most beautiful in the sunshine.

What a lovely day he'll have
    Forecast is lovely... will be mighty busy as a Bank Holiday and 1/2 term

Is it half-hols as well? Good God
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

He needs to stay away from the well known places then. Coniston will be like Piccadilly Circus

He needs to stay away from the well known places then. Coniston will be like Piccadilly Circus
    GPWM. I will consult some mappage later and maybe make a less traffic-laden suggestion.

Like Striding Edge or Scafell Pike :guffaw: