Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: We must not change our way of life.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Whoever is in front of me in the queue for security doesn't appear to have.
    The amount of ****ing about people do. If you are not ready to go through security they should give you 30 seconds and send you to the back of the queue.

there was some tosser with a 2l bottle of milk in front of me before throwing it away he had a leisurely swig of it.
    A small inconvenience perhaps, nothing more.

It seems to me that, for all the talk of "values", the main problem is that we don't really have any anymore. Or at least, people want to make them up as they go along, to suit, but then wish to reserve the right to go all gooey when everyone else, naturally, wants to do the same.

The link between the two appears lost on people.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Excellent article in the Telegraph today by Allison Pearson. That woman is good:

"Even before their bodies were cold, the great and the good were crowding on to the airwaves to murmur their slef-soothing mantras about hope being better than fear, strong, vibrant communities., keep clam and carry on, business as usual.

How dare they. They insult the dead who deserve their country to be outraged and anguished on their behalf. Why should we be calm when our children are considered a legitimate target for mass murder?

The Government... needs to channel justifiable public anger into drastic action."