Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What fresh hell is this, now?

What fresh hell is this, now?

"Anne Longfield, the Children’s Commissioner for England, has urged adults to “find a way to tell our children what has happened”."

When the Micks were blowing the shít out of us when I was a child, we were told what had happened by the news. You know, when they reported that a bomb had gone off.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    "Anne Longfield, the Children’s Commissioner for England, has urged adults to “find a way to tell our children what has happened”."

When the Micks were blowing the shít out of us when I was a child, we were told what had happened by the news. You know, when they reported that a bomb had gone off.
    You still had to get your maths homework done on time though, regardless of what had happened
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

John Cravens Newsround would tell the news with digestible simplicity and then move on to Ming Ming the giant panda looking for a mate
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by sir c View Post
    "anne longfield, the children’s commissioner for england, has urged adults to “find a way to tell our children what has happened”."

when the micks were blowing the shít out of us when i was a child, we were told what had happened by the news. You know, when they reported that a bomb had gone off.
    Do you mind!!!!!

So much for getting on with things.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Do you mind!!!!!
    My parents grew up with Nazis trying to kill them and I grew up with another of Europe's great evils, Paddies, trying to kill me. We just accepted it. Now the Allans are having their go. Kids today don't need to be mollycoddled, they just need to man up.

Also, does she *actually* want us to tell children what happened? That a man who lived among us and probably grew up on our streets decided that his fúcking religion was so important and everyone else so worthless that it dictated that he should walk into a teeny-bopper concert with a bomb filled with nails and bolts in his rucksack and detonated it, vaporising himself and ripping men, women and children to pieces? And then to tell them that this will almost certainly happen again?

Sweet fùcking dreams after that.

My parents grew up with Nazis trying to kill them and I grew up with another of Europe's great evils, Paddies, trying to kill me. We just accepted it. Now the Allans are having their go. Kids today don't need to be mollycoddled, they just need to man up.
    When did the Nazis attack Co. Limerick?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    When did the Nazis attack Co. Limerick?
    Given that my mother was here from 1941, having been sent by her loving parents into the middle of a world war to earn some money to send home, that wasn't really relevant, was it?

Clever ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Also, does she *actually* want us to tell children what happened? That a man who lived among us and probably grew up on our streets decided that his fúcking religion was so important and everyone else so worthless that it dictated that he should walk into a teeny-bopper concert with a bomb filled with nails and bolts in his rucksack and detonated it, vaporising himself and ripping men, women and children to pieces? And then to tell them that this will almost certainly happen again?

Sweet fùcking dreams after that.
    Kids nowadays have all read The Iliad surely? Or maybe not
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."