Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Roger Moore gone.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yeah, here's the thing, though. All Bond is shít. The books are poorly-written trash and the films are absurd pantomimes.
    Misery guts.

The good ones are very entertaining. Not everything has to be informative or 'deep', Burney.

Plus, Domino in Thunderball

Saw the cop from Live and let down / man with the golden gun also recently passed away

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    How did anyone tell?
    :raiseseyebrow:
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    How did anyone tell?
    RIP. He was a decent, honest bloke.

Many years ago, an old soldier of my acquaintance used to proudly tell the story of how, when he was a trainee plumber or something, noticed Sir Roger on his way to work at Elstree one morning, filming " The Saint", and hitched a lift to work with him in that fancy "ST 1" car of his. This continued for awhile and they became lifelong friends. He (SRM) even used to visit him regularly in his (the old soldier's) hospice, which is where and how I met them both (one of your duties as a junior officer was to visit such places and spend time with the "olds", drinking cans of beer with them and listening to their stories).
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    RIP. He was a decent, honest bloke.

Many years ago, an old soldier of my acquaintance used to proudly tell the story of how, when he was a trainee plumber or something, noticed Sir Roger on his way to work at Elstree one morning, filming " The Saint", and hitched a lift to work with him in that fancy "ST 1" car of his. This continued for awhile and they became lifelong friends. He (SRM) even used to visit him regularly in his (the old soldier's) hospice, which is where and how I met them both (one of your duties as a junior officer was to visit such places and spend time with the "olds", drinking cans of beer with them and listening to their stories).
    He got expelled from my school - got to admire a man for that