Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Roger Moore gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    No. Obviously Bond was Connery, and Connery Bond.

Everything else is made up nonsense.
    Daniel Craig was pretty good. And even Connery faded towards the end.

In fact, I would say that Bond was Dr No, From Russia with Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball and at a stretch, Live and Let Die.

The rest is just a ripoff.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Daniel Craig was pretty good. And even Connery faded towards the end.

In fact, I would say that Bond was Dr No, From Russia with Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball and at a stretch, Live and Let Die.

The rest is just a ripoff.
    Timothy Dalton was actually the most Bond like if you go by the books.. edgy, no comedy and liked killing.... shame he wasn't liked and his films weren't great.... Daniel Craig is the second closest to the book character
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    MWTGG actually a pretty underrated film imo
    Agreed. I liked it despite Moore's camp parody of Bond.

How did anyone tell?
    RIP. He was a decent, honest bloke.

Many years ago, an old soldier of my acquaintance used to proudly tell the story of how, when he was a trainee plumber or something, noticed Sir Roger on his way to work at Elstree one morning, filming " The Saint", and hitched a lift to work with him in that fancy "ST 1" car of his. This continued for awhile and they became lifelong friends. He (SRM) even used to visit him regularly in his (the old soldier's) hospice, which is where and how I met them both (one of your duties as a junior officer was to visit such places and spend time with the "olds", drinking cans of beer with them and listening to their stories).
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Roger no Moore, surely?
    Git - that was going to be my line

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Timothy Dalton was actually the most Bond like if you go by the books.. edgy, no comedy and liked killing.... shame he wasn't liked and his films weren't great.... Daniel Craig is the second closest to the book character
    Was he the Irish one? I couldn't stand the Irish one. Well, Irish anything, really.

Bit disrespectful to the somewhat wooden actor / legend there, b
    He's dead. I can't imagine he'd give a monkey's Always seemed to be of a fairly humorous bent to me.

No that was PB who was utterly ****e..... not sure if that Canadian ****er was the worstest
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Right. Because apparently Dalton looked the most similar to the bloke Bond was based on, looks-wise

"Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

No that was PB who was utterly ****e..... not sure if that Canadian ****er was the worstest
    What does any of that even mean?

Try to express yourself in the Queen's English, not some perverted ehh ba ecky thoomp nonsense of your own invention.