Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Roger Moore gone.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Daniel Craig was pretty good. And even Connery faded towards the end.

In fact, I would say that Bond was Dr No, From Russia with Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball and at a stretch, Live and Let Die.

The rest is just a ripoff.
    Yeah, here's the thing, though. All Bond is shít. The books are poorly-written trash and the films are absurd pantomimes.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Right. Because apparently Dalton looked the most similar to the bloke Bond was based on, looks-wise

Isn't that Australian fast bowling legend Ray Lindwall?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    He's dead. I can't imagine he'd give a monkey's Always seemed to be of a fairly humorous bent to me.
    No doubt Michael Winner has kept him a seat at the great restaurant in the sky.

Yeah, here's the thing, though. All Bond is shít. The books are poorly-written trash and the films are absurd pantomimes.
    And you are a miserable old goat
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Timothy Dalton was actually the most Bond like if you go by the books.. edgy, no comedy and liked killing.... shame he wasn't liked and his films weren't great.... Daniel Craig is the second closest to the book character
    Second film was excellent but it wasn't really a "Bond film" despite being closest to Fleming's character as you say. Although that's harsh on Craig and Connery though as both portray him as a pretty vicious killer imo Moore and Brosnan less so

Do you mean, 'I don't like the Bond books or films because they are not to my taste', or perhaps, 'I don't like the Bond books or films because I lack an imagination, the ability to suspend disbelief or any semblence of a sense of humour.'?

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    And you are a miserable old goat
    You can fúck off mate.

There's one goat around these parts and it's not that soulless fúcker.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    RIP. He was a decent, honest bloke.

Many years ago, an old soldier of my acquaintance used to proudly tell the story of how, when he was a trainee plumber or something, noticed Sir Roger on his way to work at Elstree one morning, filming " The Saint", and hitched a lift to work with him in that fancy "ST 1" car of his. This continued for awhile and they became lifelong friends. He (SRM) even used to visit him regularly in his (the old soldier's) hospice, which is where and how I met them both (one of your duties as a junior officer was to visit such places and spend time with the "olds", drinking cans of beer with them and listening to their stories).
    He got expelled from my school - got to admire a man for that

Misery guts.

The good ones are very entertaining. Not everything has to be informative or 'deep', Burney.

Plus, Domino in Thunderball

I enjoy the Bond books.

Connery was the best Bond but Craig giving him a good run for his money.

Roger Moore was too urbane and flash for Bond. He was good in The Saint, The Persuaders and Ivanhoe. Man With the Golden Gun benefitted from probably the best Bond villain ever - Christopher Lee as Scaramanga - but too much rubbish and bad jokes for the film to be considered great.