Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: :clap: The Boy Owen got there first.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Yes, I agree with that. And I would extend it to head covering, not allowing women out in public without a male companion etc etc

If we win these battles, we will win the terrorism battle, eventually. The lack of political will to fight the small battles because of political correctness sickens me.
    But those small battles are used by the terrorists as recruitment tools for the big battles. The ban on the veil is often cited as a motivating factor in France is getting attacked. I'm afraid you can't just separate 'mainstream' and 'radical' Islam that easily. On the Venn diagram between the two, there is an alarming amount of intersection.

Gandhi and Einstein. Both mentally ill. Who knew?
    Einstein suffered acutely from poor mental health. Gandhi had to be bonkers, I mean look at how the bloke dressed.

Something other than 'PhD in Islamic Studies from the Technical College of Islamabad'

Or East Anglia Polytechnic, for that matter.
    The Technical College of Islamabad is one of the most research-active scientific institutes in Asia.

East Anglia Polytechnic does not exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    The Technical College of Islamabad is one of the most research-active scientific institutes in Asia.

East Anglia Polytechnic does not exist.
    Hardly surprising, I made them both up.

Go on, Peter, tell us where you got your degree. We promise not to laugh.

Too much.

Gandhi and Einstein. Both mentally ill. Who knew?
    Gandhi was a fúcking idiot.

The logic doesn't extend beyond 'this is by definition true so I must do it'..... its not so much logical as mechanical.
    Sure, but we all have articles of faith, don't we? For us it's pretty much a mechanical article of faith to say that democracy is good, free speech is good, women and gays should have the same rights as straight men and that there should be no racial discrimination.

We take those things as givens, but they are anything but in global and historical terms. They are, in fact, simply products of our time, our society and moral outlook. Equally, the belief that there is no god but Allah and Mohammed is his messenger is just as much a given to a billion or so muslims worldwide. We may see it as madness, but it's nothing of the sort. It's just a different belief system.

Hardly surprising, I made them both up.

Go on, Peter, tell us where you got your degree. We promise not to laugh.

Too much.
    Surely East Anglia Polytechnic is where Henry Wilt lectured?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Gandhi was a fúcking idiot.
    True story. Nobody ever seems to mention that he was at least partially responsible for the horrors of partition.

Now just hang on here.... what are we classing as a legitimate university?
    Certainly not Cambridge I hope

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    True story. Nobody ever seems to mention that he was at least partially responsible for the horrors of partition.
    :****er: Him, not you.