Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: I find the people who love getting outraged at

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    I sincerely hope you're right.

But I do think there has been a significant shift in recent weeks and it's more than a dead cat bounce. Quite simply people are no longer too embarrassed or ambivalent enough about him based on his media image to vote for him. If an unprecedented mobilisation of the youth vote also materialised, I don't think it's utterly improbable that he at least enters polling day with a potential path to victory.
    Nah. Won't happen. This type of up and down is inevitable in an election campaign. The 'shift' you describe is illusory. There is absolutely no suggestion that Labour is capable of winning a single marginal that would be necessary for it to achieve victory. It isn't going to happen.

Fear not. You will wake up a happy man on June 9th. Trust your uncle b on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    The thing is, we've just been attacked under May. I don't think it's his weakness on security that damages Corbyn. The public can see that whoever is in charge, we are still vulnerable. And the number of people who want genuine hard-line policies brought in to tackle the matter are either too small in number or know it will never happen.

I just don't think the security issue plays with the electorate.
    I don't see how any politician in any affected country, or potentially affected country, can stop this.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I don't see how any politician in any affected country, or potentially affected country, can stop this.
    No, of course not, but it may be enough to suggest you will take a harder line on the matter than the other fellow. Not necessarily, but maybe.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Oh, they can stop it. But they're going to have to be brave or desperate enough to be called 'fascists' by Guardian reading types in order to do so.

I don't see that either. Considering the tools available to intelligence services and law enforcement these days, how do you stop a single person from blowing himself up in a crowd of people.

The only thing would be to stop the supply of such nutters, but unfortunately it takes only one ******* to do something like this.

By exterminating the terrorists.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    By exterminating the terrorists.
    Perhaps not as easy as you may suggest Maurice else you would stop them in advance.

Thing is by the time the damage has been done they appear to have saved you the hassle and exterminated themselves.

As plans go it is flawed.

Perhaps not as easy as you may suggest Maurice else you would stop them in advance.

Thing is by the time the damage has been done they appear to have saved you the hassle and exterminated themselves.

As plans go it is flawed.
    I am wondering how this person was able to bring a bomb into a concert. Something stinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I am wondering how this person was able to bring a bomb into a concert. Something stinks.
    Accounts suggest he walked into the foyer as the concert was ending and the foyer was full, not into the concert itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Accounts suggest he walked into the foyer as the concert was ending and the foyer was full, not into the concert itself.
    Security tends not to be too great at the end of an event.

I was thoroughly search at Brixton Academy, by a middle-aged, balding fat bloke. The woman searching the females didn't look much better tbf.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”