Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cup final is won by the way - don't undsterstand the pessimism

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    The Arsenal way, sir, the Arsenal way
    needle-in-haystack-you-might-find-your-next-straw-to-clutch-in-here.jpg

In my humble opinion
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    13 league championships, 12 FA cups. Arsenal way is clearly ****

It's not the pessimism that I don't understand, it's the lack of enthusiasm. We're in the Cup Final. FFS let's get up for it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Insider View Post
    It's not the pessimism that I don't understand, it's the lack of enthusiasm. We're in the Cup Final. FFS let's get up for it.
    It is only Monday The Insider, relax. We’re still in the throes of recovery after one of the darkest days in our club’s recent history.

Come back to me on Saturday around 16:50 when I take my customary seat on the corner of the sofa, a cold beer poured in readiness, some salted snacks perhaps. Why not, it’s a cup final after all.

I expect the young lad may be wearing an Arsenal shirt, not I.

Then the game begins.

with the new system we can overload the centre to beat off the Kante/Matic axis.

Sacrifice Ozil for Coquelin and have him in there with Xhaka and Ramsey.

Alexis and Welbeck up front...it will open warfare in midfield and we'll need pace for our counter attacks.

Ideally I'd want Ox in there but not sure on his participation so its Coqblock.

Any news on Gabriel? If he can't play then you know what? F uck it. Play Per in the middle if the back 3 with Holfibg and Musyafi either side of him. Leave Monreal in his best position...the LWB position. A more defensive 3-5-2 will suit Per and the wide open spaces at Wembley will have play to his reading and passing strengths.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    with the new system we can overload the centre to beat off the Kante/Matic axis.

Alexis and Welbeck up front...it will open warfare in midfield and we'll need pace for our counter attacks.

Any news on Gabriel? If he can't play then you know what? F uck it. Play Per in the middle if the back 3 with Holfibg and Musyafi either side of him. Leave Monreal in his best position...the LWB position. A more defensive 3-5-2 will suit Per and the wide open spaces at Wembley will have play to his reading and passing strengths.
    Chelsea aren't all that, I think, but La Mesut definately plays.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Good man Tony.

Probably would have had more comedic value had you logged in as one of your many others.

Yep Ozil definitely plays but there are options for Arsene...

Anything can happen in these one off cup finals...remember Owen mugging us after we battered Liverpool senseless and I'm still not sure how United weren't 4nil up at the end of 90 mins when we beat them on penalties.

Penalties would be a worry...Cech doesn't save them so maybe a 120th minute substitution for Ospina

120th minute substitution for Ospina
    looooooooooooool. Brilliant
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Yep Ozil definitely plays but there are options for Arsene...

Anything can happen in these one off cup finals...remember Owen mugging us after we battered Liverpool senseless and I'm still not sure how United weren't 4nil up at the end of 90 mins when we beat them on penalties.

Penalties would be a worry...Cech doesn't save them so maybe a 120th minute substitution for Ospina
    Talking purely for myself if we are still in the game at 120 minutes I will be treating this as a moral victory and be celebrating accordingly.

Verily there will be dancing on the tree lined streets and avenues of Dublin 16.