Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Martin Atkinson deserves an honourable mention in dumping us from the CL

Well, like all "good" politicians you choose to answer your own questions. It's relevant because even at the eleventh hour we could (should) have scraped through.

For once the Fates intervened against us on the last day.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    So if Liverpool hadn't won the game yesterday we wouldn't have qualified for the CL?
    Not the point. You are going to blame a ref from another game for 'dumping' Arsenal out of the CL then you look like a prick.

Who's to say Liverpool would have lost anyway? we had a red card and won

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    Well, like all "good" politicians you choose to answer your own questions. It's relevant because even at the eleventh hour we could (should) have scraped through.

For once the Fates intervened against us on the last day.

What is to say Liverpool wouldn't have won anyway? The fact is that of all the things that supposedly conspired against us, this is somewhere near the bottom of the list.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Stop it Maurice. You sound like a ****.
    I thought his name was Mohammed?
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    Maurice is English for Mohammed.

I don't want to pigeon hole the dude so just went plain down the middle.

Mo, Mo Johnston, Maurice Johnston.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Not the point. You are going to blame a ref from another game for 'dumping' Arsenal out of the CL then you look like a prick.

Who's to say Liverpool would have lost anyway? we had a red card and won
    I don't know if they would have won, but we won with ten men being 1-0 up, not 0-1 down.

If you understand English, to give someone a mention means giving them a share of the blame, not the blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Meh - could have been a pen. You would have been furious if it was given against us and moaning about a fix
    or a free kick outside the box. Referee had a terrible view. We have been known to whine when referees guess decisions. Lino probably had a better view and decided to keep his flag down.

or a free kick outside the box. Referee had a terrible view. We have been known to whine when referees guess decisions. Lino probably had a better view and decided to keep his flag down.
    Souness (and all the other commentators - Neville, Barton, Savage etc)thought it was a penalty and Klopp himself said "maybe it was".

So in your little hypothesis, the course of history changes completely for Liverpool but remains mysteriously unperturbed at the Emirates?