Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Was there a, erm, lap of appreciation yesterday?

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    God bless the Ascension. Day to sober up before I have to go on holiday
    Typical Eurotrash; any excuse to skive off, even religion #brexit

"Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Not sure, but the Mesut played like someone who wants to stay. Apart from his goal Sanchez appeared to be playing for Everton.
    Sanchez has one out of the door and will have the pick of teams to join. We will get a decent fee for him.

Not sure Ozil wants to stay but might have little choice given the apparent lack of interest...
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    Sanchez has one out of the door and will have the pick of teams to join. We will get a decent fee for him.

Not sure Ozil wants to stay but might have little choice given the apparent lack of interest...
    I think Alexis stays. After all, he's just had a great season, personally.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    I think Alexis stays. After all, he's just had a great season, personally.
    Not sure a Thursday night in Tblisi is going give him a chubby
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    I think the fact they played their socks off yesterday muted the hostility. Football fans have very short memories.

Or, as fans, all we should be asking for is for each player to do everything they can to get the right result. Whether this is good play, discipline, organization, strength etc etc. If the players give all that and get a result, we should be happy. If the result goes against us, we at least appreciate the effort and application shown by the players.

I agree, but the lap is also supposed to be about the season and there were several nights when the above did not happen. If we'd lost the game yesterday with a limp performance it might have turned unto a lap of depreciation.