Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Was there a, erm, lap of appreciation yesterday?

Was there a, erm, lap of appreciation yesterday?

A pretty sparse crowd, I'd have thought

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post

I believe I saw a picture of it. The picture being of some players walking beneath a load of Wenger Out signs, and the like.

Yes. One or two people were even upset that the manager didn't join in, appeared to chicken out of it/didn't allow them the opportunity to offer Him their heartfelt thanks for His efforts, loyalty and professionalism.

My sons missed their train home because of it so they've essentially got themselves a week off school because Thursday is the Feast of the Ascension/Father's Day
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

More stayed than I expected. It was actually quite a warm atmosphere, I thought. An acceptance that the league season may have been a disappoint but these are our players and we will show our support for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    More stayed than I expected. It was actually quite a warm atmosphere, I thought. An acceptance that the league season may have been a disappoint but these are our players and we will show our support for them.
    That's good to hear, a. Any clear farewell waves from Mesut or Sanchez?

Alexis is definitely going. Keeps making noises about it and his body language is suggestive too. Ozil will stay imho - which is fantastic news, of course.

Nice to hear the fans signing Stan Kroneke's name. Went on for about 10 minutes.

not that he'll have heard it, of course. like he gives a ****.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Not sure, but the Mesut played like someone who wants to stay. Apart from his goal Sanchez appeared to be playing for Everton.

I think the fact they played their socks off yesterday muted the hostility. Football fans have very short memories.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Yes. One or two people were even upset that the manager didn't join in, appeared to chicken out of it/didn't allow them the opportunity to offer Him their heartfelt thanks for His efforts, loyalty and professionalism.

My sons missed their train home because of it so they've essentially got themselves a week off school because Thursday is the Feast of the Ascension/Father's Day
    God bless the Ascension. Day to sober up before I have to go on holiday