Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I wonder what he means by hostile environment?

"Assuming this is all true of course.... Why the **** is Gazidis discussing the possibility of a new manager with the players at all?"

If it is true then Gazidis should walk, I can't think what possible good he would of thought could come from it.

Something happened, the appalling loss of form was beyond any appalling loss of form we've seen for years. It was temporary and it was something to do with the players because there were stories of arguments amongst themselves and strange looks and less willingness to fight for each other.

And it wasn't raised after losing the top four became inevitable, but way back.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    Something happened, the appalling loss of form was beyond any appalling loss of form we've seen for years. It was temporary and it was something to do with the players because there were stories of arguments amongst themselves and strange looks and less willingness to fight for each other.

And it wasn't raised after losing the top four became inevitable, but way back.
    Fair enough, but I'm not sure what difference it makes to the outcome, unless we really want to look for an excuse or a scapegoat.

We always find some way or other to avoid reaching the "magic" 80 points
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

The difference is that some of our worst results happened during that period. But we wouldn't have made it higher than third, which we should have been, even if that hadn't happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergkamp Was Best View Post
    "Assuming this is all true of course.... Why the **** is Gazidis discussing the possibility of a new manager with the players at all?"

If it is true then Gazidis should walk, I can't think what possible good he would of thought could come from it.
    I can understand Wenger being upset about it but, like I said, it probably happens all the time, especially at big clubs. Wenger could possibly leave at any moment; if you're the chief exec, do you want to be fingered for not having a plan in place?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    The difference is that some of our worst results happened during that period. But we wouldn't have made it higher than third, which we should have been, even if that hadn't happened.
    Naturally. It would all have been seen as a positive, galvanising factor if we'd won the league.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    I'm sure it happens all the time. It's a business, after all.

Please show your workings, red?
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    Please show your workings, red?
    I don't have any

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    I can understand Wenger being upset about it but, like I said, it probably happens all the time, especially at big clubs. Wenger could possibly leave at any moment; if you're the chief exec, do you want to be fingered for not having a plan in place?
    Succession planning does not involve discussions with the players and is strictly kept to a need to know basis. If completely incompetent HR departments can perform this function, Shirley the Arsenal board can with ease?
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    Succession planning does not involve discussions with the players and is strictly kept to a need to know basis. If completely incompetent HR departments can perform this function, Shirley the Arsenal board can with ease?
    Private conversations though, ain't it. Different matter entirely. Everyone at the club has done all they can to show a united front. Football results is football results though; they can't really legislate for that and when they don't go right, people want to ask "why", including the players. Feedback from important individuals is always sought, in one way or another. Everyone is supposed to be able to deal with distractions, be professional.

It was interesting that Wenger Himself stressed "professionalism" yesterday, maybe suggesting that others hadn't been quite so conscientious as Him? One or two players perhaps? Gazidis? Who can say.