Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I wonder what he means by hostile environment?

It does make sense actually. And it's out of order for a suit to make that kind of approach, especially in mid-season.

The order of leaving for me:

Kronke
    Gazidis
    Wenger

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    It does make sense actually. And it's out of order for a suit to make that kind of approach, especially in mid-season.
    I'm not sure. If we may presume that the manager deals with the technical/work side of things, the football, surely someone else, the chief exec maybe, must deal with the personal side; is your family happy and settling in well, is the house we found you OK: How about your kids; are their schools alright and so on. Basically "general matters arising".

The conflict story is interesting but perhaps it arose perfectly innocently and with the best intentions?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus The Immortal Gooner View Post
    Maybe not but with Wenger in charge (and I do love the man) we know for a fact that we won't win it again. The last 3 years he had the money and the squad to win it (bought world class players, didn't have to sell etc) but couldn't do it.
    We know for a fact do we? Can you tell me next week's lottery numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    I'm not sure. If we may presume that the manager deals with the technical/work side of things, the football, surely someone else, the chief exec maybe, must deal with the personal side; is your family happy and settling in well, is the house we found you OK: How about your kids; are their schools alright and so on. Basically "general matters arising".

The conflict story is interesting but perhaps it arose perfectly innocently and with the best intentions?
    If someone is talking behind your back to other interested parties whilst at the same time offering you a new contract it is very, very hard to presume innocence.

If someone is talking behind your back to other interested parties whilst at the same time offering you a new contract it is very, very hard to presume innocence.
    Arguably, it's his job; contingency/succession planning and a' that? Merely testing the waters, even in general conversation.

Anyway, they are both on the same side. Our side.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Arguably, it's his job; contingency/succession planning and a' that? Merely testing the waters, even in general conversation.

Anyway, they are both on the same side. Our side.
    Arguably. But the timing was atrocious and clearly divided the players.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    We know for a fact do we? Can you tell me next week's lottery numbers?
    Good! You get next week's lottery numbers and I'll put in a request for tomorrow night's numbers.

Of course, I want those numbers today
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Arguably. But the timing was atrocious and clearly divided the players.
    Only "clearly" because we finished fifth, imo. And only by a point. Weren't we actually still contenders back then?

Thing is, there's always something, isn't there

Only "clearly" because we finished fifth, imo. And only by a point. Weren't we actually still contenders back then?

Thing is, there's always something, isn't there

I think there is point in all of this that appears to have been missed.

Assuming this is all true of course.... Why the **** is Gazidis discussing the possibility of a new manager with the players at all?
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

I just said ..

I'm sure it happens all the time. It's a business, after all.