Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I wonder what he means by hostile environment?

I wonder what he means by hostile environment?

"It is annoying but we had a spell during the season that was difficult and it was difficult for me in my personal situation. We were playing in a hostile environment. The players came back stronger in the last two months and I'm very proud of them for doing that."

"Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    "It is annoying but we had a spell during the season that was difficult and it was difficult for me in my personal situation. We were playing in a hostile environment. The players came back stronger in the last two months and I'm very proud of them for doing that."

He means that our fans are ****ing ****s, choosing to stab him and the players in the back during times of challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post

I see he's celebrating a 'decent' points total of 75. He hasn't mananged to get above 80 pts in the league in 9 years. No title has been won with less than 80 pts since Man Utd on 79pts in 1999. Most of the time you need to be at least mid 80's or even early 90's to be champions. Leicester's total of 81 was the lowest winning total since 1999, and Wenger was 10 pts behind.

He's finished as a title winning manager. Move on Arsenal.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Trent View Post
    I see he's celebrating a 'decent' points total of 75. He hasn't mananged to get above 80 pts in the league in 9 years. No title has been won with less than 80 pts since Man Utd on 79pts in 1999. Most of the time you need to be at least mid 80's or even early 90's to be champions. Leicester's total of 81 was the lowest winning total since 1999, and Wenger was 10 pts behind.

He's finished as a title winning manager. Move on Arsenal.
    Do you seriously think that if that is all that happens Wenger's leaving is the panacea that will tun us back into a title-winning team?

Maybe not but with Wenger in charge (and I do love the man) we know for a fact that we won't win it again. The last 3 years he had the money and the squad to win it (bought world class players, didn't have to sell etc) but couldn't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    Do you seriously think that if that is all that happens Wenger's leaving is the panacea that will tun us back into a title-winning team?

Not so sure. I think he should have moved upstairs but I am certain we will not win league or CL with Kronke. That's why it is time to start hitting the Arsenal pocket. That's the only thing that will make him sell.

Palace Away innit

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    He means that our fans are ****ing ****s, choosing to stab him and the players in the back during times of challenge.
    I think the fans have been unbelievably patient tbf. The man is now 67 and obviously shot. Never more illustrated by many performances this season.
    Incredible apathy shown by a board of alleged ambition in one of the worlds wealthiest clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    I think the fans have been unbelievably patient tbf. The man is now 67 and obviously shot. Never more illustrated by many performances this season.
    Incredible apathy shown by a board of alleged ambition in one of the worlds wealthiest clubs.
    It's taken years for the Arsenal fans to reach this point. Wenger often says he wishes Arsenal fans were more passionate like Liverpool.
    Those passionate Liverpool fans would've hounded him out of the job several years ago. He would've never survived that 8-2 at Man Utd. In Italy or Spain he would've been chased down the road years ago.

Read an interesting post on reddit....

He's referring to Ivan.

Apparently Ivan had a chat with the all of the players earlier in the season to find out if they would be open to a new manager and this split the squad with Ozil and Alexis declaring publically that they would only stay if Wenger did so as well.

Other players were open to it.

Wenger and Ivan have been at war ever since...performances on the pitch deteriorate rapidly, Ivan withdraws his contract offer, Wenger fires back with telling the media that a director of football role is BS etc etc

When the board meet up a lot will be discussed...will they side with Ivan or Wenger? Will the two have to make an uncomfortable truce for the sake of the club?

Makes a bit of sense when you think about it.....personally wouldn't mind all 3 (ivan, wenger and kronke p issing off) but with Stan having the final say then Ivan might be the one to leave.