Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So if we'd signed Mustafi in time for the first game and got a draw, we'd be in the

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    CL and would be £30m richer. Well done, you penny pinching French ****.
    ManU made £34mil from the EL this year and I would expect us to be favourites next year.

So the financial impact of missing out on CL football is overstated.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    ManU made £34mil from the EL this year and I would expect us to be favourites next year.

So the financial impact of missing out on CL football is overstated.
    favourites
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Yes - that's how football works

I'm not sure playing for a draw is our thing, whoever our players are.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    favourites
    Surely we must be amongst them?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

So far the cast includes:

Manu (if they don't win it this year), Villareal, Real Sociedad, Lazio, Lokomotiv Moscow' Koln, Milan, Zenit St Petersburg, PSV, Marseille and Lyon although I imagine we'd be kept apart from most of those.

You'd certainly save yourself a few quid.

In fact, to be perfectly honest, that's the thing I've never forgiven Wenger for, constantly turning any discussion about football to one about the crazy idea that we don't have enough of the stuff.

What He ought to be banging on about, of course, is heartfelt tributes to our supporters who provide Him with more funds than any Arsenal manager in history and gate monies more than any other club in Europe every match. Who does He think pays His salary and bonuses!

Yet all we hear about is how He could've joined every other club in the world, as though He's working for us for free because He loves us. Frankly, if He needed to be at a club that is financially stronger than we are then there are several of these He should've joined rather than stay with us and grouse about it the whole time.

The whole thing is just so much ingratitude and ungrateful whining, to all our suppoerters who actually do pay an awful lot, not just in money, but also in time and trouble and actual emotional engagement with our football club. Shameful.

I do understand it though; I know Frenchman and that is just what they are actually like. He's not putting it on. Their perspective is always very much "Qu'ils mangent de la brioche."

Merde.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    I am seriously considering giving up my season tickets.

Only Skybet have prices for next season's EL...we are the 12/1 favourites...next best is Villarreal at 18/1 and Lazio at 20/1.

Hertha Berlin look a little tasty at 50/1.

Don't forget...as things stand 12/1 is good but the 3rd place CL teams get dropped into the EL so everything can change..would be funny if we end up with Bayern again.

The only way to hurt Stan and make him leave is in the pockets...people have to make the hard choice and don't renew...also stop buying the merchandise.

Don't feel bad...don't think you can't because you love the club so much...what you're doing is for the love of the club.

At the moment him and his team think it's another successful season...4 points more than last year, cup final, Europa league money and loads of cash from renewals, tickets and merchandise.

You got to hurt this lot imo

I think Ivan has woken up and realised this can't continue but he's hot no chance vs Stan and Wenger.

He can go help usmanov with Everton