Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Awimb it's time for a moan. I am not going to moan about money this time.

Awimb it's time for a moan. I am not going to moan about money this time.

This time is actually about time.

I have no time to do anything after getting home doing the usual stuff like eat. It's time to go bed again. The weekends always have some sort of activity that needs to be done or attending to so time there is gone.

So is it like this for another 30-40 years? if I am luckily enough to reach 65.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post

I have no time to do anything after getting home doing the usual stuff like eat. It's time to go bed again. The weekends always have some sort of activity that needs to be done or attending to so time there is gone.

Do you also have a recurring dream in which you are drowning, and you have to wake yourself up or will die in your sleep?

"Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Once you've bought your flat sack off half of your material aspirations and work a 3-day week. Then chill, man.
    Last edited by Ash; 05-19-2017 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Once you've bought your flat sack of half of your material aspirations and work a 3-day week. Then chill, man.
    Well said, A. The Man has somehow managed to convince everyone that work is the most important thing in life, even more so than money.

Ridicules.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

And you don't even have kids yet

But seriously, remote freelance working is the way to go, man.

Yesterday, for example, I dropped the kids off at childcare at 9, was in the gym by 9.15, listened to a podcast while working out, stopped off to grab some shopping and petrol on the way home, was in front of my computer by 10.45, made a leisurely lunch, did some household chores to keep the missus sweet, and still managed to get a nice big chunk of work done (and w*nk a round on Awimb for a bit, natch) before prepping dinner, picking the kids up, packing them off to bed, wolfing down some food and having the evening to myself.

Once you've bought your flat sack off half of your material aspirations and work a 3-day week. Then chill, man.
    You work a three-day week? Does your missus work full time?

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    And you don't even have kids yet

But seriously, remote freelance working is the way to go, man.

Yesterday, for example, I dropped the kids off at childcare at 9, was in the gym by 9.15, listened to a podcast while working out, stopped off to grab some shopping and petrol on the way home, was in front of my computer by 10.45, made a leisurely lunch, did some household chores to keep the missus sweet, and still managed to get a nice big chunk of work done (and w*nk a round on Awimb for a bit, natch) before prepping dinner, picking the kids up, packing them off to bed, wolfing down some food and having the evening to myself.
    and this is the reason no kids for now. I need to come up with a plan.

Whilst it does seem I spend a lot of money overall we are pretty good with this stuff.

we need the money we have coming in to pay the rent and bills so far. but I need to change something. I couldn't work less than I currently do right now. and A mortgage would be similar to what I am paying in rent. and I will have to take into account probably having to move a bit further out so I'll have increased transport costs.

Some of the folks in the office here work from home I wouldn't mind that. at least you save time on travel and lunch at home would be nice.

and for the record I look like a complete tosser when I start moaning at home.

'I want to play guitar, I don't have time to do anything'
    on a daily basis.

Some jobs over here allow flexible working hours. So you can be in work at 7:00 and leave at 15:30, which is what a lot of people do in the summer. Home by 16:00, out in the garden for the rest of the evening possibly with the BBQ on the go. You also get a couple of hours a week for working out, so you can take that out on a Friday and start the weekend early

I'll never move back