Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So the Swedes have dropped the rape charges against Assange

So the Swedes have dropped the rape charges against Assange

regardless of what anyone thinks of Assange, the whole thing has to have been one of the most absurd, avoidable situations I can ever remember.

And the people who come out of it worst are the Swedish authorities, I think.

Bizarre.

And Assange. If he was innocent why didn't he face the music and win the day? Too much belief in his own conspiracy theories.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    And Assange. If he was innocent why didn't he face the music and win the day? Too much belief in his own conspiracy theories.
    Erm, because the Swedes wouldn't agree to guarantee him that they wouldn't extradite him to the US? Of course, the charges were so weak they could have just been dropped. Or they could have sent someone to the UK years ago. Or they could sort out their absurd sexual assault laws in the first place.

There were many relatively easy outcomes, none of which happened as far as I can tell, because of the stupidity or stubbornness of the Swedish authorities.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    regardless of what anyone thinks of Assange, the whole thing has to have been one of the most absurd, avoidable situations I can ever remember.

And the people who come out of it worst are the Swedish authorities, I think.

Bizarre.
    I suspect it's the fact that the current US administration has indicated that it will no longer seek extradition if he's brought to Sweden that's caused them to give up the charge. Assange was an Obama target, whereas he's been playing nice with Trump. No Obama means no diplomatic pressure.

All in his mind. They would not have extradited him because all they wanted is for him to respond to the accusations as any other potential rapist should.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I suspect it's the fact that the current US administration has indicated that it will no longer seek extradition if he's brought to Sweden that's caused them to give up the charge. Assange was an Obama target, whereas he's been playing nice with Trump. No Obama means no diplomatic pressure.
    Hmmm, that suggests that the Swedes were only or primarily trying to get him to Sweden in order to extradite him to the US.

If so, I find that very odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    All in his mind. They would not have extradited him because all they wanted is for him to respond to the accusations as any other potential rapist should.
    Then why didn't they give him the guarantee he was looking for? Or agree to send someone to the UK to interview him when he was first charged?

Hmmm, that suggests that the Swedes were only or primarily trying to get him to Sweden in order to extradite him to the US.

If so, I find that very odd.
    As things stand, WES, the Swedes are barely prosecuting men in their country who gang rape teenagers. Given which, their going ballistic over this very specific, technical case of third-degree rape looks a trifle odd, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    As things stand, WES, the Swedes are barely prosecuting men in their country who gang rape teenagers. Given which, their going ballistic over this very specific, technical case of third-degree rape looks a trifle odd, no?
    Oh, yes, quite.

My conclusion from this bizarre episode is that Swedes are very odd and that their entire male population barely have a single b0llock between them.

Oh, yes, quite.

My conclusion from this bizarre episode is that Swedes are very odd and that their entire male population barely have a single b0llock between them.
    Yup. State of these poor, emasculated fückers.

http://www.johanbavman.se/swedish-dads/