Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: So as we surged towards that 4th place like a trophy, you can imagine the Emirates

  1. #1

    So as we surged towards that 4th place like a trophy, you can imagine the Emirates

    must have been on a knife edge, filled with anticipation, the hope excruciating.

    Or maybe not.

    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/...seats-damning/

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    must have been on a knife edge, filled with anticipation, the hope excruciating.

    Or maybe not.

    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/...seats-damning/
    There were a fair few empty seats at the FA Cup semi-final as well, if you want to play that line. Not really sure why you try to keep making this point - finishing fourth in the league and you get a prize - qualification for the biggest club tournament in the world. That is quite "like" a trophy - not as good as winning the league but "like" a trophy. The difference between fourth and fifth is massive - like third and fourth in the Olympics. Why this simple fact is beyond your grasp is quite frankly stunning

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    There were a fair few empty seats at the FA Cup semi-final as well, if you want to play that line. Not really sure why you try to keep making this point - finishing fourth in the league and you get a prize - qualification for the biggest club tournament in the world. That is quite "like" a trophy - not as good as winning the league but "like" a trophy. The difference between fourth and fifth is massive - like third and fourth in the Olympics. Why this simple fact is beyond your grasp is quite frankly stunning
    LA, he's Canadian
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    must have been on a knife edge, filled with anticipation, the hope excruciating.

    Or maybe not.

    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/...seats-damning/
    The trouble is all the seats were paid for, even if they were empty.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    There were a fair few empty seats at the FA Cup semi-final as well, if you want to play that line. Not really sure why you try to keep making this point - finishing fourth in the league and you get a prize - qualification for the biggest club tournament in the world. That is quite "like" a trophy - not as good as winning the league but "like" a trophy. The difference between fourth and fifth is massive - like third and fourth in the Olympics. Why this simple fact is beyond your grasp is quite frankly stunning
    You have made the classic mistake of engaging in a battle of wits with an unarmed man.

    That's twice today, as well. It's like you're self-harming, or something.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    There were a fair few empty seats at the FA Cup semi-final as well, if you want to play that line. Not really sure why you try to keep making this point - finishing fourth in the league and you get a prize - qualification for the biggest club tournament in the world. That is quite "like" a trophy - not as good as winning the league but "like" a trophy. The difference between fourth and fifth is massive - like third and fourth in the Olympics. Why this simple fact is beyond your grasp is quite frankly stunning
    The debate around whether it is 'like' a trophy or not is just a lot of nonsense as 'like' is hardly definitive and it is also not the debate that I originally entered into.

    The original point was that I could care less if we make 4th or not and my experience is that an awful lot of Arsenal supporters feel the same way. Some people questioned that view. Wilson's article and the turnout and atmosphere at the Emirates last night suggests I was correct.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    You have made the classic mistake of engaging in a battle of wits with an unarmed man.

    That's twice today, as well. It's like you're self-harming, or something.
    You see, straight in with the abuse when someone posts something you disagree with. And then you will try and come across all poncey and tell everyone that they should avoid profanity and be civilized etc etc.

    Have a nice day, Charles.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    The debate around whether it is 'like' a trophy or not is just a lot of nonsense as 'like' is hardly definitive and it is also not the debate that I originally entered into.

    The original point was that I could care less if we make 4th or not and my experience is that an awful lot of Arsenal supporters feel the same way. Some people questioned that view. Wilson's article and the turnout and atmosphere at the Emirates last night suggests I was correct.
    Well whether or not you care is likely to be influenced by your views on Wenger. If you're sufficiently pissed off with him and want him out no matter what, it stands to reason that you'd be indifferent about finishing top four. In fact, there's even a certain logic in wanting us to miss out in the hope that it forces the issue of him leaving.

    All things being equal, however, it would be somewhat odd not to care about whether the team you claim to support qualifies for one of the sport's most prestigious competitions (albeit one that is flawed)

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Well whether or not you care is likely to be influenced by your views on Wenger. If you're sufficiently pissed off with him and want him out no matter what, it stands to reason that you'd be indifferent about finishing top four. In fact, there's even a certain logic in wanting us to miss out in the hope that it forces the issue of him leaving.

    All things being equal, however, it would be somewhat odd not to care about whether the team you claim to support qualifies for one of the sport's most prestigious competitions (albeit one that is flawed)
    It's the knock on effect that i don't get....4th and you get more money, CL football enables you to try to buy better players, CL encourages better players to stay.... so it is a win win situation... and it only adds 8 games onto our season anyway
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    You see, straight in with the abuse when someone posts something you disagree with. And then you will try and come across all poncey and tell everyone that they should avoid profanity and be civilized etc etc.

    Have a nice day, Charles.
    You think that's abuse?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •