Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
The debate around whether it is 'like' a trophy or not is just a lot of nonsense as 'like' is hardly definitive and it is also not the debate that I originally entered into.

The original point was that I could care less if we make 4th or not and my experience is that an awful lot of Arsenal supporters feel the same way. Some people questioned that view. Wilson's article and the turnout and atmosphere at the Emirates last night suggests I was correct.
Well whether or not you care is likely to be influenced by your views on Wenger. If you're sufficiently pissed off with him and want him out no matter what, it stands to reason that you'd be indifferent about finishing top four. In fact, there's even a certain logic in wanting us to miss out in the hope that it forces the issue of him leaving.

All things being equal, however, it would be somewhat odd not to care about whether the team you claim to support qualifies for one of the sport's most prestigious competitions (albeit one that is flawed)