Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: So who are the winners and losers in our new formation? Here's my take.

So who are the winners and losers in our new formation? Here's my take.

Winners

Ramsey - Some of the defensive shackles have been removed and he isn't stuck out on the right. Playing exceptionally well. Wilshere and Cazorla (the latter is too old anyway) should be worried.
    Chamberlain - Finally has a position to call his own. Better going forward than HB, just needs to work on defensive side.
    Ozil - Looks sublime. Less defensive responsibility.
    Holding - Obviously
    All CBs - Less exposed.

Losers

Walcott - Everyone knows he's a **** but hard to see how he gets close to the team now. Surely sold in the summer.
    Iwobi - One less berth to play for.
    Berellin - Potentially a good wing back but needs to improve end product.
    Monreal - Traditional LB gone. Not a CB.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Monreal has been excellent as a wingback imo. Gibbs is only playing because injuries have required NM to be one of the three. Granted, it was a shocking back pass by Nach today but he's been playing well recently overall.

Gibbs is Finnish if we sign another left wingback. Best of luck for him in the future.

Agreed...Monreal has the classic LWB role down to a tee.

Gibbs can leave i.e. New signing and Monreal as back up with Chambers returning from to bolster the back 3

Haven't seen much of Chambers but from what I've read he's done okay at Boro...a back 3 will be more to his liking that the kamikaze back 4 we use to play.

all these extra players we got should get lots of games in the Europa league next season.

[QUOTE=Ash;4159646]Monreal has been excellent as a wingback imo. Gibbs is only playing because injuries have required NM to be one of the three. Granted, it was a shocking back pass by Nach today but he's been playing well recently overall.

I think that Gabriel can count himself unlucky to be left out for Monreal at CB. He started to look much better in the new formation against Middlesbrough, Leicester and Man City. He wasn't great against Spurs, but who was. Monreal should be wingback, where he too looked more at home.

Oh dear, Rich. Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear...

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Oh dear, Rich. Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear...
    you 2 are actually well matched with your complete lack of knowledge of football.... so it;s a shock when you have completely different views on AR (which is what your oh dear comment is aimed at)
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Also still not sure about Ramsey...he's looked okay in patches the last couple of games versus sides who have given up...don't think that forgives him for 2-3 seasons of bs.

If we played Stoke 2 months ago they would've caved his head in.

I suppose we can keep him for the Europa League and hope he comes good then cash in on him but I wouldn't be banking on him leading us back to the top 4 next season.

Maybe PSG might get fooled by his nonesense and give us £30m for him.
    Last edited by Tony C; 05-17-2017 at 11:31 AM.