Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Open-topped bus parade on the 28th :cloud9:

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Certainly you can clarify it, and you have every right to hold that view, of course.

And others have every right to disagree. And those who disagree would argue that it is nothing like a trophy at all and shouldn't in any way be celebrated as such. I would be one of those people and my view has nothing to do with my attitude towards Wenger, it has everything to do with much of what I consider to be wrong about modern day football.

Avoiding relegation is celebrated as a success as well. Is that like a trophy? I think not.
    The problem with your argument here isn't so much that it's bóllocks, although clearly it is, it's that you don't believe it for a second.

Yes, absolutely.

BTW, Sanchez will stay if we pay him what he wants regardless of CL football. Which is just another reason that the 'like a trophy' theory is nonsense.
    Fair enough, I entirely sympathise with your point of view (genuinely). Personally I would favour us remaining in the CL, not because it's "like a trophy", but as a means to an end. That is, I think we have a better chance of winning meaningful trophies in the future by remaining a CL club than by winning the occasional FA Cup.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    The problem with your argument here isn't so much that it's bóllocks, although clearly it is, it's that you don't believe it for a second.
    There's not allowed to be losers anymore; everyone has to get a prize or they'll blub

#snowflakes
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Fair enough, I entirely sympathise with your point of view (genuinely). Personally I would favour us remaining in the CL, not because it's "like a trophy", but as a means to an end. That is, I think we have a better chance of winning meaningful trophies in the future by remaining a CL club than by winning the occasional FA Cup.
    But do you accept that it may also be possible, maybe even more likely, for us to win meaningful silverware without Champions League football?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    But do you accept that it may also be possible, maybe even more likely, for us to win meaningful silverware without Champions League football?
    As oppose to while competing in that famously easy-on-the-legs competition, the Waffer Cup?

Would you feel the same if you discovered that Sanchez would only stay if we qualified for the CL?
    You seem to forget that WES knows **** all about football... just ignore him
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

As oppose to while competing in that famously easy-on-the-legs competition, the Waffer Cup?
    No trophy is easy*, everyone knows that. Maybe we need to return to this after Manchester United win it

*Your mum.

Which is both literally a trophy and gets you a CL slot. Almost like two trophies, in fact.

Avoiding relegation is celebrated as a success as well. Is that like a trophy? I think not.
    Actually - it is like a trophy, hence that is why it is celebrated in such a way and I am sure it has been referred to as such as. Like here

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/...oyet-1-6600361

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Which is both literally a trophy and gets you a CL slot. Almost like two trophies, in fact.
    wd ash