Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 51

Thread: Open-topped bus parade on the 28th :cloud9:

  1. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    If, on Sunday (having won tonight), we find ourselves ahead against Everton and in the last moments news filters through that Boro have scored an unlikely equaliser at Anfield, how would you describe the ensuing scenes you may be likely to witness around The Emirates?
    I would expect a fairly subdued celebration amongst a crowd struggling to fill the stadium.

    They're bored with this game, you see.

  2. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Fair enough, I entirely sympathise with your point of view (genuinely). Personally I would favour us remaining in the CL, not because it's "like a trophy", but as a means to an end. That is, I think we have a better chance of winning meaningful trophies in the future by remaining a CL club than by winning the occasional FA Cup.
    Three FA Cups in four years, which is what we are talking about here is not an "occasional FA Cup".

    Also, if Arsene could win 7 FA Cups, that will probably never be bettered.

  3. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Actually - it is like a trophy, hence that is why it is celebrated in such a way and I am sure it has been referred to as such as. Like here

    http://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/...oyet-1-6600361
    Well that's Gustavo's view and he's entitled to hold it. I rather disagree.

    Staying up being like a trophy is what clubs like Sunderland think. We - however - are the Arsenal.

  4. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Which is both literally a trophy and gets you a CL slot. Almost like two trophies, in fact.
    And it also spares you having embarrassing scenes of jubilation, involving your hundert million pound world record signing dancing on the pitch because you've scraped fourth place, beamed around the world #fergieknows
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

    "But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

  5. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Well that's Gustavo's view and he's entitled to hold it. I rather disagree.

    Staying up being like a trophy is what clubs like Sunderland think. We - however - are the Arsenal.
    Seems strange then that Liverpool and Man City are both celbrating every victory like it is a cup final.. almost as if they think being in the CL is bloody important
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

  6. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Three FA Cups in four years, which is what we are talking about here is not an "occasional FA Cup".

    Also, if Arsene could win 7 FA Cups, that will probably never be bettered.
    I will be very happy indeed if we win the FA Cup and my hypothetical preference for Top Four is with a heavy heart, since it cannot compete with the satisfaction of seeing your team win silverware.

  7. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Well that's Gustavo's view and he's entitled to hold it. I rather disagree.

    Staying up being like a trophy is what clubs like Sunderland think. We - however - are a certain section of Arsenal fans, whose sense of entitlement is way out of control.
    There fixed that for you

  8. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    There fixed that for you
    I would you if I didn't find that so

  9. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Seems strange then that Liverpool and Man City are both celbrating every victory like it is a cup final.. almost as if they think being in the CL is bloody important
    Both those clubs have reason to be more sanguine about their future in that competition, should they qualify, than we do though. The European Cup has been most kind to Liverpool down the years and Manchester City are now armed with the "best manager in the world" who in turn will be armed with all the money in the world and perhaps also Lionel Messi too. Neither outfit will be looking at the thing as merely a money-making jaunt or as a prelude to a tonking from Bayern München in the knockout rounds.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

    "But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

  10. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    There fixed that for you
    BTW, now that I've stopped laughing, I'm loving the idea that supporters of one of the ten richest clubs in the world who don't consider avoiding relegation to be trophy have a sense of entitlement that is way out of control.

    That is some seriously top class lunacy/drunkenness right there.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •