Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
I'm not sure you understood the point. Obviously not a trophy for us - for other clubs. I was merely expressing the idea that "like a trophy" can mean different things to different teams. Therefore is isn't wrong to say that a top four place is "like a trophy". Every team has different standards of course. If you were in the North Bank in 1996 when Dennis scored against Bolton to secure us fifth place (at Spurs's expense obviously). Probably a better remembered moment than a couple of our cup wins to be honest.

Interesting that you always have to bring everything down to money though. Just because you happen to support a club that has a lot, why do you feel that entitles you to anything? Not like you contribute anything to that wealth these days
Yes, you're right, I didn't understand your point. Mostly because you didn't do a very good job of making it.

And I don't think it is a question of entitlement, certainly not in my case, anyway. It is simply basic logic. Money is not the only contributing factor to a team's success (I have made this point many times), but it is an important one. It is therefore logical to make the point that a very rich club, which we clearly are, should not consider avoiding relegation to be an achievement. In fact, in your clarification you make that point as well. Which brings us back to top four not being a trophy which - again - has nothing to do with money, I am simply distinguishing between winning a trophy and accomplishing something which is good for the club. I see a very clear line between those two things.

And now that we're back there, I have no idea how we got here and now intend to have a lay down and forget the whole thing.