Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Watched thon OJ Simpson thing on the beeb last night. A truly masterful piece of

Watched thon OJ Simpson thing on the beeb last night. A truly masterful piece of

documentary work but I nearly switched off in disgust when some damn fúckin yankee stole, pretty much verbatim, Bill Shankly's bon mot about football be more important than life or death. And then he grinned smugly as if it were his, the hideous ****.

Anyways - I had absolutely no idea who OJ was until that murder trial business. I mean, did any of you know who he was before?

Quote Originally Posted by Herbette Chapman - aged 15 View Post
    documentary work but I nearly switched off in disgust when some damn fúckin yankee stole, pretty much verbatim, Bill Shankly's bon mot about football be more important than life or death. And then he grinned smugly as if it were his, the hideous ****.

Anyways - I had absolutely no idea who OJ was until that murder trial business. I mean, did any of you know who he was before?
    Was it OJ: Made in America?

If so, it was utterly brilliant.

And of course I knew who he was, Herb, because unlike you I am not an insulated, pasty white, British geek who still clings to his mother's apron and makes pathetic whimpering noises.

I knew about him in the sense that I knew he was famous in America and had been a football star.

I was shocked hearing some sports reporter chappy (Howard Cosell?) interviewing him and using the word 'meretricious'.

I believe he was a basketball (baseball?) player who caught the bad AIDS.

I know little or nothing of Americans as a matter of principle. Naturally.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I believe he was a basketball (baseball?) player who caught the bad AIDS.

I know little or nothing of Americans as a matter of principle. Naturally.
    Football and murdered his wife and got away with it because he is black.

Bruce Springsteen is an American, last I checked.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Football and murdered his wife and got away with it because he is black.

Bruce Springsteen is an American, last I checked.
    Dutch/Italian, actually.

Dutch/Italian, actually.
    Born and raised in New Jersey.

American. And I expect rather proud of it, they mostly are.

Dutch/Italian, actually.
    There's a bit of Irish in there too

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    There's a bit of Irish in there too
    Sead Kolasinac - is this the bloke you referred to earlier as being suited to left wingback? Is he any good? And why is he perfect for Arsene i.e. free?

What? The Towering Inferno and Nordberg in The Naked Gun? Shame on you Herbs
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'